Licensing for the 2nd Amendment is bad, but for the 1st?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Your principles are your principles. No one is asking you to sacrifice you long held political stances. Those should remain intact. What should be discarded, is the juvenile these disagreements are extended. While many may not agree, respect should be extended to those you disagree with...even if they do not do it themselves.

I think I might agree with what you're saying but I can't be sure because I don't know what you're trying to say in the bold text. iPhone?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I agree with this. But I might add something: the triggerees aren't running the country. And they haven't sworn an oath to faithfully discharge the office of the President and support the Constitution.

Woobie, I've kind of made my peace with this. I do get tired of everything Trump being weaponized. If it's nothing but attack, attack [not directed at you specifically] then peeps should not be surprised that the response is counterattack, counterattack. If you want a reasoned discussion you have to leave room for it

Trump is rude and crude and uses twitter in a combative way! Just what was twitter being used for when he's not involved? Should he be denied the right to respond to his critics, especially when it can be done in near real time

Oops! Gotta catch a flight, might flesh this out later. Might just be on to the next counterattack. INGO is as INGO does, ya' know

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Woobie, I've kind of made my peace with this. I do get tired of everything Trump being weaponized. If it's nothing but attack, attack [not directed at you specifically] then peeps should not be surprised that the response is counterattack, counterattack. If you want a reasoned discussion you have to leave room for it

Trump is rude and crude and uses twitter in a combative way! Just what was twitter being used for when he's not involved? Should he be denied the right to respond to his critics, especially when it can be done in near real time

Oops! Gotta catch a flight, might flesh this out later. Might just be on to the next counterattack. INGO is as INGO does, ya' know

I've made peace with the fact that in lieu of a better alternative, however rude and crude and combative and stupid Trump acts, I guess it doesn't matter. Crappy as it is, it's not gonna get any better. I just hope the next President isn't a Marxist.

But there are a lot of people on the right who think this guy is playing 3-d chess, without supporting facts in evidence. I get it that Trump has been unfairly, dishonestly, attacked by the left, including the media. But also his behavior is a window into his low character. He's behaving like an ******* and a bully, and some of the media attacks he's endured he earned himself through his behavior. And it seems every time he does something stupid, instead of just admitting, yeah, that was kinda dumb, supporters act like he's a genius for doing it.

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home
    But there are a lot of people on the right who think this guy is playing 3-d chess, without supporting facts in evidence. I get it that Trump has been unfairly, dishonestly, attacked by the left, including the media. But also his behavior is a window into his low character. He's behaving like an ******* and a bully, and some of the media attacks he's endured he earned himself through his behavior. And it seems every time he does something stupid, instead of just admitting, yeah, that was kinda dumb, supporters act like he's a genius for doing it.

Or some people might think he's playing 3-D chess, without necessarily knowing he's playing 3-D chess, just by reacting to things on instinct. Kind of a chess prodigy if you will. At first, I was surprised by a lot of things Trump said in the campaign, but then realized there might be a method to the madness, even if it's just instinctual and not calculated. How many people has Trump "broken"? Trump has shifted the political paradigm and the left has been caught flat footed. They aren't used to anyone punching back and are completely unprepared.

All the people lamenting the fact that we have lost civil discourse in society need to understand we didn't lose it with Trump, we lost it when we sat silently while they called Bush "Hitler" and ran ads against Republicans showing them pushing people in wheelchairs off cliffs. The everything-I-don't-like-is-racist movement and SJW micro-aggressions are what happens when decent people don't stand up to the childish BS. There are people right here on INGO who peddle that garbage.

Trump is a reaction not a cause, and a much needed reaction at that. I will continue to cheer him on because he's one of the few people willing to fight against the garbage that has been allowed to poison our public discourse.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Do you think being triggered to a monumental case of the vapors in 140 characters or less reflects well on the triggerees?

Maybe they should Put.Down.The.Smartphone

Something something dignity of the office something cigar blue dress
    I suppose it depends on what the 140 characters are, but then again we both know that I said nothing about the response to the tweet.

There's a word for when a guy constantly complains about fake news, but then apparently wants to generate it himself. It is especially special when he does both all in the same 140 characters. Hypo-something??? That, or I suppose, just plain ignorance.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I suppose it depends on what the 140 characters are, but then again we both know that I said nothing about the response to the tweet.

There's a word for when a guy constantly complains about fake news, but then apparently wants to generate it himself. It is especially special when he does both all in the same 140 characters. Hypo-something??? That, or I suppose, just plain ignorance.

I'm just amazed at all the lying that he's able to get away with. Stuff that is painfully obvious to anyone else. I don't see how anyone could reasonably put their faith in a person that lies at a level that is clearly pathological.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    I'm just amazed at all the lying that he's able to get away with. Stuff that is painfully obvious to anyone else. I don't see how anyone could reasonably put their faith in a person that lies at a level that is clearly pathological.
    I actually lean toward ignorance on this one, I'm just fascinated by the number of people who think it more admirable to be knowingly engaging in falsehood than to be ignorant.

It is possibly the most bizarre defense of a factually false statement I have ever heard. No no no, he meant to lie!

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Or some people might think he's playing 3-D chess, without necessarily knowing he's playing 3-D chess, just by reacting to things on instinct. Kind of a chess prodigy if you will. At first, I was surprised by a lot of things Trump said in the campaign, but then realized there might be a method to the madness, even if it's just instinctual and not calculated. How many people has Trump "broken"? Trump has shifted the political paradigm and the left has been caught flat footed. They aren't used to anyone punching back and are completely unprepared.

All the people lamenting the fact that we have lost civil discourse in society need to understand we didn't lose it with Trump, we lost it when we sat silently while they called Bush "Hitler" and ran ads against Republicans showing them pushing people in wheelchairs off cliffs. The everything-I-don't-like-is-racist movement and SJW micro-aggressions are what happens when decent people don't stand up to the childish BS. There are people right here on INGO who peddle that garbage.

Trump is a reaction not a cause, and a much needed reaction at that. I will continue to cheer him on because he's one of the few people willing to fight against the garbage that has been allowed to poison our public discourse.

Why commit to being his cheerleader? Why not praise his good deeds and castigate his bad ones? Why must everything be "yay Trump! Boo Obama!" or vice versa?

Reality TV America has fallen in love with personalities. Critical thinking and evaluation of character and conduct have been casualties. Show me an honest list of the pros and cons of Trump's presidency, and prove to me I should trust him. Show me how these incredible gambits he has played with the media have accomplished anything beyond getting himself elected.

I'm thinking of voting for Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho next election.

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home
    Why commit to being his cheerleader? Why not praise his good deeds and castigate his bad ones? Why must everything be "yay Trump! Boo Obama!" or vice versa?

That's the old paradigm, and one that I used to subscribe to. The left never castigates anyone on their side. They only demand that of their opponents. The left castigates Trump just fine without me needing to join in. So, I couldn't care less anymore.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    But the FCC has been regulating radio and/or television since 1934. Why the sudden problem with the regulatory framework
    A bit more of the history to clarify government regulation of the radio spectrum:
    The U.S. Gov't has been regulating and licensing stations and operators since the Radio Act of 1912, passed in the wake of the Titanic disaster. Licensing under that act was performed by the Dep't of Commerce (Secretary Herbert Hoover). This was followed by the Radio Act of 1927 which formalized the role of the Federal Radio Commission the DoC had created in 1926. Part of that act was the forerunner of the "equal time" rule that required providing equal opportunity to political candidates. The "public interest, convenience or necessity" came from this act. The Radio Act of 1934 reorganized the FRC, creating the FCC from it and reinforcing the "public interest, convenience or necessity" as the litmus test for all its regulations.

John

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    That's the old paradigm, and one that I used to subscribe to. The left never castigates anyone on their side. They only demand that of their opponents. The left castigates Trump just fine without me needing to join in. So, I couldn't care less anymore.

So you joined 'em because you couldn't beat 'em?

I want my leaders to be principaled, so I feel I should be as well.

Last edited:

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home
    So you joined 'me because you couldn't beat 'me?

Principled as in not corrupt, and I'm with you. Principled as in the left can sling garbage at you and you can't respond in kind, then not so much. The left needs to have their garbage shoved back in their faces. Being principled and not doing so for the last 25 years has resulted in micro-aggressions, 57 genders, and everybody I disagree with is "Hitler". No thanks, I've had enough and I'm glad somebody finally calls them out.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Principled as in not corrupt, and I'm with you. Principled as in the left can sling garbage at you and you can't respond in kind, then not so much. The left needs to have their garbage shoved back in their faces. Being principled and not doing so for the last 25 years has resulted in micro-aggressions, 57 genders, and everybody I disagree with is "Hitler". No thanks, I've had enough and I'm glad somebody finally calls them out.

In my opinion there is quite a difference between calling out someone's BS, and making up your own.

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home
    In my opinion there is quite a difference between calling out someone's BS, and making up your own.

Like what? And I'm honestly asking. I don't watch TV and my internet news consists of checking a few headlines a day. So, you mean like when he said Obama wiretapped him and everyone said it was BS, then we find out Trump Tower WAS wiretapped, maybe not his personal residence, but that doesn't make "Obama wiretapped me" complete BS. There's something to it.

So, if there's some BS of substance, then I *might* care. But it's really hard to care when he's attacked 7x24 by fake news. If there's some BS on his part in there somewhere, maybe the media should stop crying wolf 99% of the time and people might listen.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Like what? And I'm honestly asking. I don't watch TV and my internet news consists of checking a few headlines a day. So, you mean like when he said Obama wiretapped him and everyone said it was BS, then we find out Trump Tower WAS wiretapped, maybe not his personal residence, but that doesn't make "Obama wiretapped me" complete BS. There's something to it.

So, if there's some BS of substance, then I *might* care. But it's really hard to care when he's attacked 7x24 by fake news. If there's some BS on his part in there somewhere, maybe the media should stop crying wolf 99% of the time and people might listen.
    Like claiming you can revoke a network's nonexistent FCC license for criticizing you?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    So you joined 'em because you couldn't beat 'em?

Your attitude is exactally why we can not have nice things, you will always reject the imperfect.

Purity or nothing, plays right into ths hands of progressives.

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home
    Like claiming you can revoke a network's nonexistent FCC license for criticizing you?

Yeah, that's BS with no substance. Just Trump pushing back at the fake news network with his typical hyperbole. Couldn't care less about that one. You're probably barking up the wrong tree with me. Until the fake news networks stop bashing Trump 7x24, I'm not going to care about stuff like this.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    They never stopped bashing Bush, he didn't fight back and the love him to this day.

Top Bottom