• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Maybe an attorney or LEO can advise, but I suspect these two sections of Indiana code probably relate to your answer:

(i) If a person who holds a valid license to carry a handgun issued under this chapter:
    (2) changes the person’s address;
    the person shall, not later than thirty (30) days after the date of a change described under subdivision (3), and not later than sixty (60) days after the date of the change described under subdivision (1) or (2), notify the superintendent, in writing, of the event described under subdivision (3) or, in the case of a change under subdivision (1) or (2), the person’s new name or new address.

(3) if the applicant is a resident of another state and has a regular place of business or employment in Indiana, to the sheriff of the county in which the applicant has a regular place of business or employment. <-- this section has to do with who can get a license.

If Indiana doesn't issue non-resident permits, then the above seems to suggest that you need to continue to have a place of business or be employed in Indiana in order to continue your license, even though it isn't clear what the State does after you tell them that you've moved.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    If only INGO had a list of questions that are often asked... ;)

What happens if I move?
    You need to inform the Indiana State Police within 60 days of your address change. They won't send you a new license with your new address unless you also pay $20 for a new copy. Your old license will still be valid, provided you've notified the ISP of your address change. Here's a link to the form:
    http://forms.in.gov/Download.aspx?id=6643 (it's a PDF, but at this time it doesn't seem to download as one. Just open it with your favorite PDF reader.)
    Or call the Indiana State Police Firearms Licensing Section at 317-232-8264.
    Also, INGO member Dwight called and spoke with Megan at the above number in re: his daughter living at college and keeping her address of record at his home. He was told that as long as she can receive mail there, she can list it as her address.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/showth...81#post2441781

What happens to my Lifetime LTCH if I move out of state?
    INGO member CountryBoy19 called the ISP and asked them. There are special provisions for military deployment as their residency may still technically be in Indiana, but for civilians, you notify the ISP of your new address and your license will be "deactivated". If you move back to Indiana, you can have it "re-activated" without going through the license process again.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_...tml#post355104

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    As Scutter01 posted, it will be deactivated. You move back and simply contact them to reactivate it without the process. I guess it is lifetime so they keep your prints for a lifetime. They use to destroy your prints after a few years of a license expiring.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    As Scutter01 posted, it will be deactivated. You move back and simply contact them to reactivate it without the process. I guess it is lifetime so they keep your prints for a lifetime. They use to destroy your prints after a few years of a license expiring.

Why would they need to keep your prints? It's just a notation in the database that you are not currently a resident. There would be no need to re-evaluate and re-approve your license when you return.

Top Bottom