• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbrville

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Rush Co
    I have a lifetime personal protection permit. I know it says to notify them of an address change so when i moved a while back i called them. they told me to email the info to them so i did, twice. at the end of each email i asked if i get a new permit or if they just keep it on record. No response. this was a while back and i have always wondered if i get a new permit or if they even got my email. Anyone know? i kinda forgot about it but now am wondering again. Should i call them again. i just dont want to have to worry about anything. Thanks sb

fordmanchris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Westfield
    I have a lifetime personal protection permit. I know it says to notify them of an address change so when i moved a while back i called them. they told me to email the info to them so i did, twice. at the end of each email i asked if i get a new permit or if they just keep it on record. No response. this was a while back and i have always wondered if i get a new permit or if they even got my email. Anyone know? i kinda forgot about it but now am wondering again. Should i call them again. i just dont want to have to worry about anything. Thanks sb

Not positive but I dont think you can just email them. On the isp website on the left side under the firearms licensing link you click on "duplicate handgun license request" on the form it has a section where you can update info without a fee or update and get a new license, but I think a new one is $25. You have to print out the form and mail it in. Hope this helps!

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Your LTCH doesn't have to reflect your current address as long as it's updated with ISP. You can call the firearms licensing division of ISP to be sure your address is current: 317-233-5054

A new/duplicate license with your current address needs to be purchased for $20.
    If you want one, go here: ISP: Home
    Click firearms licensing on the left side of the page.
    Click Duplicate Handgun License Request
    Click Open or save
    Follow the directions on the form
    You can print out the completed form and mail or fax it to the ISP.

bigmedicine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood
    Laura's advice/directions are spot on. The only other consideration is the advantage of having the address on your ID actually match your current address and drivers licence - in this day of identity "proof" (e.g., secure ID through DMV), therea are some benefits of having everything say the same. Not necessary/mandatory, just something to think about.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    Laura's advice/directions are spot on. The only other consideration is the advantage of having the address on your ID actually match your current address and drivers licence - in this day of identity "proof" (e.g., secure ID through DMV), therea are some benefits of having everything say the same. Not necessary/mandatory, just something to think about.

Actually one is NOT required to get the new SecureID. I myself when I renew my license will opt OUT of the SecureID.

INGunGuy

Top Bottom