• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NE of Indy
    I missed out on the opportunity years ago to get a lifetime fishing license. Now they are not offered. Obviously this is a way to secure funding every year. How would we go about getting them (DNR, the State, etc) to offer them again? Also what do you think would be a fair price?

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    I seriously doubt they will come back. My understanding is that the IDNR receives matching federal money for every license they sell. By selling lifetime licenses they loose that additional funding every year.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    That figures. I'd still support it for those that could be eligible. Seniors, disabled, etc.
    Veterans shouldn't have to have one in my opinion.

Actually most of the groups already either dont need a license(disabled) or can get a lifetime(senior). There was talk last year of a vertans license but I think you had to have been wounded.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    Also what do you think would be a fair price?

When they were offered, I believe they were the cost of 20 annual fishing licenses, so I guess $340 would be today's price for a lifetime fishing license if they were offered.

That said, the lifetime hunting and fishing licenses were a huge loss of income for the IDNR, and I cannot see them ever going back to them.

Top Bottom