• ...and so much more!
  • pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    #633x

If the state would have left the cash alone and used the money properly they would probably still be selling them but someone in the State house dipped into the account and it stopped paying for itself. That's what I was told, but the original concept was for the interest to pay a steady income to the DNR but that doesn't work if the money is not there

if anyone knows that I'm wrong or they have a link to why they don't sell them let me know

The DNR removed the option for a lifetime hunting license due to the fact that the DNR lost funds with every lifetime license purchased. When a hunter purchases individual licenses the DNR keeps X amount of money out of the total of each license to fund habit, hunter education, etc. So if you buy 3 deer permits, a small game and a stamp, the DNR receives X amount multiplied by 5. When a hunter purchases a lifetime license, the DNR only gets the money one time. The DNR dropped the license so that they could maintain a yearly flow of money.

den57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Franklin, In
    The DNR removed the option for a lifetime hunting license due to the fact that the DNR lost funds with every lifetime license purchased. When a hunter purchases individual licenses the DNR keeps X amount of money out of the total of each license to fund habit, hunter education, etc. So if you buy 3 deer permits, a small game and a stamp, the DNR receives X amount multiplied by 5. When a hunter purchases a lifetime license, the DNR only gets the money one time. The DNR dropped the license so that they could maintain a yearly flow of money.

I believe, at the time, the money that the DNR took in on LTL went to an account that the DNR could only use the intrest money that the LTL money made.

one more

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Do not remember when I bought my first ones? Did not have the cash to get a Comprehensive Hunting and Fishing so I got a Basic Hunt and a basic Fish. The numbers on those were very low. Under 100! Then in 95 I upgraded to a Comprehensive Hunt & Fish, #5490

parson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    New Castle
    Got my comprehensive hunting & fishing just a few months before the stopped them.

I'm 61 now, so I'll have to live a few more years and stay active to come out ahead.

I think I'll make it.

parson

243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Forget what I wrote. I changed my mind and decided I misunderstood what I read prior to posting a response.

You are not the only one who is not clear on the regulations. I emailed the DNR law enforcement division about the subject of 'agricultural use' land ownership and received this response:

"The rules allow for a person who is a "resident of the land" to hunt on that land without a licence. Also allowed is the owner or tenant of farmland. The answer to the question you pose is currently not clear under law. It has been policy that the owner of land may hunt on that land without licence so long as 1. Owner is Indiana resident, 2. The land is not unconditionally leased to someone else (a farming only lease would not prevent the owner from hunting), 3. No other person has been leased the hunting rights. (If a person is leasee of a property for the purpose of hunting but is not the leasee for all purposes that leasee would still need a licence).
    There have been efforts to clean up the language of the varied laews and regulations in order to clarify this issue, but currently it is somewhat difficult to figure out.

Mark S. Johnston
    Master Conservation Officer
    District 2, Huntington County"

This was the statement of "Landowners or lessees of farmland who farm that land and are residents of Indiana" from the hunting regulations. I was told in another email from the DNR that "Your land must fit the definition of farmland. (see the bold blue print) If you fall under this exemption, no licenses are required. Remember to follow all rules/regulations, seasons, bag limits, etc. while hunting. I have also included the deer tagging and checking info (green print) from the Guide (page 8)."

Hopefully this helps clarify for others because it is a confusing subject.

langb29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Indy Westside
    What does the license get you? One buck, one doe, for firearm, bow, and ML? Small game? Man, I wish I could get one, I just moved to IN in early 2006.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    I got mine in the late 90's for $525. With all the deer, turkeys, varmints, and small game I've taken since then, I've been hunting for free for awhile now. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom