• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    Back in 2002 i filed and received my Lifetime license to carry, you know, that cheap little pink piece of paper. Well a while back someone posted on here that you could get a new plastic replacement license. So I went on the website March 6th, filled out the information from my original and submitted it, and I received my brand new plastic replacement in the mail last Friday 13th. Wow, I never expected that so soon, I did the entire process online in about 10 minutes, paid for it with my CC, and it came in the mail, without any hassles what so ever. :ugh:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Did you opt for the badge too?? ;)

m159.jpg

Seriously though, I'm kind of glad they are doing this. Never made sense to me that the current LTCH is so low-tech.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Did you opt for the badge too?? ;)

m159.jpg

Seriously though, I'm kind of glad they are doing this. Never made sense to me that the current LTCH is so low-tech.

I think the low tech one does scare the non-gun people. They think that it is easily counterfeited, but in reality, it serves only as a piece of paper to make a note of your licence number. Your drivers license or some other formal ID serves as identification. The LTCH is just a shortcut for an officer that might want to verify your license.

That said, I just ordered a plastic one too.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Well I just ordered my replacement LTCH and requested the fix my address since they spelled "Street" with 3 e's (or perhaps I did that while filing, I don't know).

Looking forward to having a license that won't cause suspicion when travelling out of state if I need to show it to anyone... the laminated paper doesn't scream 'official'.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I think the low tech one does scare the non-gun people. They think that it is easily counterfeited, but in reality, it serves only as a piece of paper to make a note of your licence number. Your drivers license or some other formal ID serves as identification. The LTCH is just a shortcut for an officer that might want to verify your license.

That said, I just ordered a plastic one too.
    You don't have to have ID. You only have to ID yourself. Unless of course you are driving a vehicle at the time.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Am I the only one here that thinks ALL of this is a load of BS???

How is it constitutional to CHARGE law abiding citizens to exercise their RIGHT to carry a self defense tool?

Not only that, you guys are PAYING MORE to "upgrade" your pink slip??? I, for one, will not. I'll stuff my stupid pink slip that I taped over (I have so little respect for it that I didn't want to pay to get it laminated) in my wallet just to avoid harassment since it seems LEO is still not fully up to speed that you don't even need to carry your LTCH on you.

Constitutional carry needs to be implemented. Until then, all of this LTCH BS is infringing on our rights.

Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    Haters are always gonna hate! Thought I was doing a good thing to help some people out, but there's always the exception to the rule....

Top Bottom