• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    My dad told me this weekend that he'd heard a rumor that Indiana is discussing no longer issuing Lifetime LTCH as of 2013. Same reason the Lifetime Hunting and Fishing died, losing too much revenue...

Can anyone confirm/deny this? Or that there's more to it than straight rumor?

Hope it hasn't been discussed, didn't see it anywhere.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It would take an act of legislation to change the state law that defines the lifetime LTCH. Nothing is currently introduced to repeal the law. It's discussed here on a regular basis. So much so that it's in the INGO FAQ.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The rumor has been floating around since approximately two second after the lifetime LTCH law went into effect. Unlike the lifetime hunting license, the LTCH is mandated by law. The lifetime hunting license was an administrative rule with the DNR. HUGE difference.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I heard this rumor (from my then husband) before I got my Lifetime LTCH. The rumor was his basis for recommending I pony up the extra money to get the Lifetime over the 4 year. So I did and then forgot about the rumor until now

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Well, this was the first my dad had ever heard it (and me as well) and after all the rumors floating around about the hunting and fishing licenses (no longer selling them was true, no longer recognizing existing ones was false, for now), he was worried.

And he's not on here, computers aren't really his thing.

Orlando

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Tipton
    I heard this same rumor in '09 when the sky was falling after the Obama election. I ran out and got my permit and still nothing has happened. I am glad I got my permit.

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    These type rumors fly around regularly, but still not bad to keep our eyes and ears open. Keep up the phone calls to your legislator.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Even though apparently quite a few people knew these were just rumors, I'd never heard them, but I'm glad I brought it up because it made me go out and dig up more info.

That's how I discovered that I can't upgrade my 4 year LTCH to a Lifetime until I'm a year or less from expiration... :dunno:

I think I have 2 more years to wait... (Its in my wallet in the other room, lol.)

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I click on these threads every time.
    :)
    Just to see the responses.

Can we put "The Lifetime License to Carry a Handgun is here to stay!" somewhere in the INGO logo at the top of the page? :yesway:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Can we put "The Lifetime License to Carry a Handgun is here to stay!" somewhere in the INGO logo at the top of the page? :yesway:

If only INGO had some sort of collection of common questions, like all on a single page or something. :dunno:

Top Bottom