• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    So I'm poor and didn't have the cash in time to renew and now my permit has lapsed. Let me tell you, after 4 years of carrying a 6lb stainless steel beauty on my side, I walk funny and feel naked. My question is, when I get the lifetime, what money orders will I need and will I be able to still use the receipt and my expired license till I get my new one or will I have to wait again? I REALLY don't want to wait, but the law is the law.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Here is a link to the Indiana Code, but it looks like it will cost you the extra $ since your current permit is expired, because a "valid" permit is required for the reduced fees.

Indiana Code 35-47-2

Also (someone correct me if I am wrong) I am pretty sure you "can not" carry using your expired (not valid) permit, and the reciept (just says "application" on it) to carry.

wolfman :draw:

Last edited:

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    I was told by the clerk at the IPD license desk that you can carry on an expired license (with receipt for new license and receipts for the money orders) if you applied for the new license before the old one expired. This was 2 years ago when I almost let mine expire before I realized that it was due.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I renewed 5 days before mine expired, and then used my receipt until I got my lifetime in the mail. However, I don't think that will work if the license has already expired. You will definately have to pay the extra cash.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    If you get there within 30 days of expiration, I think you're OK, but not 100% sure on this.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    You must have applied before your license expired, then your expired license and renewal application suffice.

Top Bottom