• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2013
    Falls City Area / Clark County
    I waited until my 4 year license was about to expire and applied for lifetime the second week of February.

Still no permit! ABout 90 days now. When I went to renew, I had no idea there was such a wait.

I carry my expired, old one with me and the paperwork that shows I paid for the Lifetime one.

Is that enough if there is an issue?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The ISP has 60 days to process your application. You basically have two choices: Continue waiting (it will eventually get processed), or sue them for violating the law.

To answer the OP's question, if you filed within 30 days of the expiration of your old license, the old license is automatically extended until the renewal is processed. Your old license, along with your application, should be enough.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    IC 35-47-2-6
    Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals
    Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed.
    (b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an existing license may be filed begins three hundred sixty-five (365) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.190-2006, SEC.4; P.L.47-2010, SEC.2.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    IC 35-47-2-6
    Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals
    Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed.
    (b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an existing license may be filed begins three hundred sixty-five (365) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.190-2006, SEC.4; P.L.47-2010, SEC.2.

So that is an interesting wording. Within 30 days. Does that mean if someone filed more than 30 days in advance of the expiration and due to the current processing time being significant, the person's existing license would expire? Seems like it would have been worded to say if the application was filed more than 30 days in advance, then the existing license would be extended, since the law also states that the state has 60 days to process.

I filed about 345 or so days in advance of my expiration for my lifetime (non L1). At this point, I'm wondering if it will actually arrive before my December, 2013 expiration :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    So that is an interesting wording. Within 30 days. Does that mean if someone filed more than 30 days in advance of the expiration and due to the current processing time being significant, the person's existing license would expire? Seems like it would have been worded to say if the application was filed more than 30 days in advance, then the existing license would be extended, since the law also states that the state has 60 days to process:

English is hard.

Popeye81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Wow 90 days is crazy!!! I got mine in 4 days(pre-panic). I did the digital fingerprinting and got my two money orders from the post office. I didnt mail ANYTHING off however. I dropped off my money order at the .Gov building (State Police HQ) downtown as thats where I had my digital fingerprints done. The window was on the same floor as the fingerprint setup and then I walked to the city county building and did what needed doing there. The digital fingerprinting cost a few bucks more but it was way faster then doing ink prints and then having to wait on them to mail off your print card and hear back from the feds.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    My wife applied for her LTCH permit for the first time, electronic application and Morpho prints in Fishers 7 Feb 2013, got it 89 days later on 6 May 2013. HANG IN THERE (she had/has no record).

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Oh muh Gawd.... For reals?!?!?

I better get mine again.

You'll have to. "Lifetime" means the life of the license, not the life of the holder. That's why it's important to laminate it. If the paper is destroyed, you have to re-apply for a new license.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    You'll have to. "Lifetime" means the life of the license, not the life of the holder. That's why it's important to laminate it. If the paper is destroyed, you have to re-apply for a new license.

I'll just grab one of the 5 signed & laminated copies from the safe. If those ever run out, I'll break out one of the several more that aren't yet laminated. :rockwoot:

The washing machine already took the "life" of one laminated copy.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    So,if I file 365 days in advance to renew my lifetime license and then they do away with it, I can file within 30 days of the experation and still have my license till they grant my new lifetime license which they are doing away with? I'm confuzzed. :n00b: Maybe I should just apply for the CCW permit.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom