• ...and so much more!
  • Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    They were also so slow that you could actually see the projectile in flight, so if you missed you knew where you missed and were able to adjust.

It greatly increased my shooting speed...

I'm glad that's working for you and it might be a advantage in the lower classes but I would point out that while you are watching the bullet and seeing your impact so you can adjust, a better shooter is already breaking the shot on the NEXT target.

Good on paper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 18, 2017
    Indianapolis
    During the first Friday Night Steel I went to the sun must have been just right and I was at the right angle and I could catch other shooters bullets en route. It was mostly 9mm and they weren't picking up brass so I have to assume it was a factory load. It was kinda cool to see.
    I've never seen my own, my eyes are on my front sight or red dot.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I'm glad that's working for you and it might be a advantage in the lower classes but I would point out that while you are watching the bullet and seeing your impact so you can adjust, a better shooter is already breaking the shot on the NEXT target.

At 20 yards away it takes my bullet roughly 0.06 seconds to reach the target... so yeah, if they are transitioning that fast, they are definitely way better than me and I'm not one to deny that. Also, to point out, I don't know of any shooter who waits for a response before moving to the next target, but I'm human and I miss sometimes. I had a rough time on the plate rack last time, these slower bullets and being able to see where they were going would have really come in handy when I had one that I just couldn't hit for some odd reason.

I'm not someone who can put 6-8 rounds down range and on multiple targets in 2 seconds and I'm not ashamed to admit it. The last time I was shooting steel at the range I was doing 6 shots on 3 targets in 3-5 seconds, a double tap on the 2/3 IPSC torso, 1 shot on the 6" plate, 1 shot on the 3" plate, then another double tap on the torso. For me being the average joe, I was happy with it. There's people who can do it a lot faster, but this works for me and it might work better for other people as well. Preferences vary from shooter to shooter. As long as everyone is having a good time, I'm happy with whatever they choose to shoot. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom