• ...and so much more!
  • MrBlue54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2012
    LaPorte
    Greetings InGO,
    I am a first time gun owner. The kids have grown and I made the move to purchase my first gun, an FNX-9. I simply love this gun.
    The LOML is still somewhat against guns and she also has arthritus in the right trigger finger. (She has a hard time with the heavy single action on my gun. Also rather big for the small hands.)
    So she was talking with our son today who suggested that we all go shooting in a couple of weeks. We frequent Kodiak in South Bend. Nice place and people.
    Anyway LOML says that maybe she will go, drop us off, and do a little shopping while we blow through some rounds.
    I offer to have her join us, do the basic course that Kodiak offers, and then see what we can find that she can shoot.
    SO the questions, What is a good smaller pistol with a lighter trigger pull? AND what about using the second finger to pull the trigger?
    Thanks Everyone

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    Look at a 1911/single action type trigger. Look for a Colt Mustang (it's a .380ACP). If she can pull the slide back to put a round in the chamber the trigger can be made light enough to pull with the arthritis. The trigger can be lowered to 3 pounds with a good smith working on it. It will probably be some where around 5-6 # when bought. The .380 is one of the rounds that was used in Europe by the police for many years. It's not a 9mm or .45 ACP but it has accounted for a lot of bad guys over the years. You can also look for a light weight 1911 commander size .45 ACP or .38 supper. It will have a 4-4 1/2" barrel. It's also light enough that you wife can carry without her purse dragging the ground at the end of the day.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    Actually I suffer from this same issue. I shoot a M&P 40c with an Apex FSS. Solved the problem for me. I also have a 9mm barrel for it. If she would like to try it out she's welcome to. Dry fire or live fire. I have a range right here at the house. Just PM me.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Actually I suffer from this same issue. I shoot a M&P 40c with an Apex FSS. Solved the problem for me. I also have a 9mm barrel for it. If she would like to try it out she's welcome to. Dry fire or live fire. I have a range right here at the house. Just PM me.

My INGO feel good moment of the day! Thanks for helping to make INGO as great as it is! Rep to you sir!

Top Bottom