• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I put this kit together this weekend...My normal woods walking rig is my Bearcat...Dad picked me up this Morakniv last week and I did some mods to it and the holster for my NAA Earl....With the four inch barrel it's capable of decent accuracy and could take a squirrel within range...

DqMWrjcXQAAyLEf.jpg

DqMWrjdXgAA4-5r.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I put this kit together this weekend...My normal woods walking rig is my Bearcat...Dad picked me up this Morakniv last week and I did some mods to it and the holster for my NAA Earl....With the four inch barrel it's capable of decent accuracy and could take a squirrel within range...

Did you square the spine on the Mora so would throw sparks from your ferro rod? I also like to wrap cordage around my Mora sheaths. I used to do para cord, but I can get a lot more bank line wrapped and it's plenty strong for most tasks. And then I put a loop of shock cord at the top through the belt clip that I can slide over the end of the grip to prevent loss.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Did you square the spine on the Mora so would throw sparks from your ferro rod? I also like to wrap cordage around my Mora sheaths. I used to do para cord, but I can get a lot more bank line wrapped and it's plenty strong for most tasks. And then I put a loop of shock cord at the top through the belt clip that I can slide over the end of the grip to prevent loss.

Yes...It sparks like a champ now....Post me a pic of how you do that shock cord thingy.....

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yes...It sparks like a champ now....Post me a pic of how you do that shock cord thingy.....

This guy used some kind of elastic band like the things women use to hold their hair. I did the same thing with elastic cord. You make a loop that is secured by the belt clip, then you can slide it over the top of the grip and off again with one hand.

maxresdefault.jpg

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    This guy used some kind of elastic band like the things women use to hold their hair. I did the same thing with elastic cord. You make a loop that is secured by the belt clip, then you can slide it over the top of the grip and off again with one hand.

That's a good idea, I'm going to do something like that with my Mora. I take it on backpacking trips, and the only convenient place to keep it is clipped inside one of the side pockets on my backpack, and sometimes I worry that it might fall out of the sheath when I put my pack on and take it off.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    That's a good idea, I'm going to do something like that with my Mora. I take it on backpacking trips, and the only convenient place to keep it is clipped inside one of the side pockets on my backpack, and sometimes I worry that it might fall out of the sheath when I put my pack on and take it off.

:thumbsup:

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Holster flaps in civilian life have gone the way of common sense, glad to see one.
    I take a lot of crap by 'Combat' shooters for having flaps, but I've never had to quick draw a squirrel and my firearms aren't cheap, protecting them makes sense.
    I do use a stud instead of a snap, no noise and doesn't fall apart...
    The flap tucking under the loop works too, it just didn't cross my mind.

That's a FINE looking revolver, I really like it.
    I carried a single shot 'Pocket Rifle' my grandpa gave me way back when, and it put a lot of game on the table. Grandparents LOVED game meat, and I always worked out in pastures & fields (farm kid) so I ran across game quite often.
    That little single shot was light, fairly accurate so it got used fairly often.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom