• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bstew324

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Is this possible? I have a s&w sigma with DAA. The trigger pull is of course very heavy each time. Is there a way to have it lightened down to around the same pull as a Glock?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    FYI, S&W is no longer doing any "trigger work" on the Sigmas unless it's something you want to pay for.

-J-

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    FYI, S&W is no longer doing any "trigger work" on the Sigmas unless it's something you want to pay for.

-J-

And they were never officially doing it under warranty to begin with. Frank Smith with LSG, Mfg. was submitting a large number of these as S&W warranty claims, and they were paying them after-the-fact. It's been several years since S&W put an end to it.

I would not do any trigger work on a Sigma if you are going to be carrying the gun. I have a sigma and like it the way it is - if you want a glock trigger - get a glock.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Thing used to be, for the warranty work: You would claim the trigger is GRITTY, not heavy. State it's heavy, they tell you it's a design of the gun. Gritty, you used to get a call tag. As stated earlier, that is gone now, cat's out of the bag, mostly as some goon posted LGS's (Frank) UPS account number on a board and they got flooded with these guns coming back in for any reason. Smith put an end to that... :(

A few things: Try the spring "fixes" you see all over the internet, usually involving removal of the larger of the two sear springs. Test your gun though, as this can make it unreliable in reset with hotter ammo (most of my Sigmas don't have this issue). Another is the Wolff striker spring, but I hated it (didn't hit hard enough, light strike city). Outside of getting luckey with the spring removal fix, there is little that can be done. Even with the fix, the trigger is still slightly higher than a Glock.

One plus side is that I always considered the Sigma as a great "first" gun. Train them with a .22, then move them to a Sigma. Really teaches them the fundamentals of trigger and grip control. Any gun after that is golden in shooting (as their hands and skills are built up on a more difficult weapon). The Sigma is a great carry gun, don't give up on it just yet. :)

drobpk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Indy and South Florida
    Trigger Pull

I know there is lots of controversy over the trigger pull on this gun, but to my way of thinking, it makes the gun safer as long as its smooth. I have this as my primary weapon, and I love it. It also feels really perfect in my hand. So, if it is smooth, don't change it. If it's gritty feeling, you should send it back or take it to a Gunsmith.

Top Bottom