• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Is there a good method to line up a gas block on a AR? I have a DD clamp on block that gave me fits for awhile. I tore everything down, stuck my finger in the chamber and blew down the barrel, and adjusted the block as such, trying to get max flow. Is there a better way? I would think pinned is better, but when one starts mixing and matching parts will pinned line up 100%? I can't think of a better way to do it other than how I described above, is there anything more precise?

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    they make a jig that index's on the gas port of the barrel and pilots a drill to give some small recesses for the locking screws to set into... if its just a clamp on, eyeballing it along the centerline of the barrel/reciever is my prefered method and i have never had to reinstall one yet.

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    they make a jig that index's on the gas port of the barrel and pilots a drill to give some small recesses for the locking screws to set into... if its just a clamp on, eyeballing it along the centerline of the barrel/reciever is my prefered method and i have never had to reinstall one yet.

It seems depth may also be an issue though. Do you just slide it back as far as it will go?

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Is there a good method to line up a gas block on a AR? I have a DD clamp on block that gave me fits for awhile. I tore everything down, stuck my finger in the chamber and blew down the barrel, and adjusted the block as such, trying to get max flow. Is there a better way? I would think pinned is better, but when one starts mixing and matching parts will pinned line up 100%? I can't think of a better way to do it other than how I described above, is there anything more precise?

This is how I do it. Then I make sure the gas tube is running straight down the barrel.

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    It seems depth may also be an issue though. Do you just slide it back as far as it will go?

If you using standard handguards with a handguard cap behind the gas block, then yes.
    If it's a free float, then it probably needs to be spaced out.

Top Bottom