• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I've been shooting this pistol now for about 8 months and it's really grown on me. I abandon double action autos years ago in favor for striker fired pistols mostly because of the inconsistent trigger pull of the DA handguns. The LH9 changes that. One thing that I like about DA pistols are the typically large trigger guards which allow for a more practical grip with a gloved hand. This winter reminded me of this issue as I walked around town wearing my thick cold weather gloves that prevent me from getting my trigger finger into the trigger guard of my G19.

Of the double action autos on the market right now, the LH9 is one of the very few I would consider carrying. It's G19 sized, mine has been 100% reliable and it shoots great.

[video=youtube;VQYdVx7Oofo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQYdVx7Oofo[/video]

Last edited:

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    When I first saw this thread I was going to post Nutnfancy's video on the Lionheart....... then I clicked on the thread and saw what it was. Never mind. :)

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    Mac, Saw you video and wonder how you would compare this to a p226? I'm really interested in trigger comparison and function, not price or size.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    1) Love your vids
    2) I think Colion Noir has a vid on it as well. I did not realize it was the same size as a G19 (looks longer -- I thought it was closer to Beretta 92/96 territory). So it has your full endorsement huh? Is there anything we should be wary of with the company? (asking out of no exp with them)

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I had a trade offer for one not long ago but saw so many mixed reviews I was nervous to take it. Kinda wishing now I had taken the risk.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I haven't seen one locally or at any of the shows. Albertson's in Warsaw is the only stocking dealer in the area according to Lionheart's website and I would sure as h*ll call them before I drove all the way to Warsaw. I'd just like to know if the 59 series Smith mags will fit them like they did the Daewoo.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Is that the same as the Daewoo pistol that came out in the early 90's?

Looks just like a Daewoo DP 51 to me. The DP51 would take S&W 59 series mags. I wonder if the Lionheart does?

I'd just like to know if the 59 series Smith mags will fit them like they did the Daewoo.

All of these questions are answered in the video in the OP.

In short:

Question 1) Is this the same pistol as the Daewoo from the 90's? Answer: Yes and no

Question 2) Will it take S&W 59 series mags? Answer: Yes

It is an interesting pistol but I think I will stick to my CZs for DA/SA carry guns.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Picked one up a couple 1500s ago at a good price, but haven't had it out yet. The Lionheart IS the Daewoo DP51, so there shouldn't be much of an issue with supply. These guys just have to not hose it up with bad CS. We'll see. Haven't picked up an S&W mag either, I think they were a little scarce last I checked. The action on this is, um, "interesting" enough I'd want a lot of trigger time to un-1911 myself before I'd actually use it.

Top Bottom