• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BAgun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2021
    Bluffton
    I'm currently reloading 6.5cm. I've put the brass in a electric tumbler with walnut media and it cleans the outside well. I've just noticed that there appears to be some red residue left on the outside of the cases which wipes off easily and I'm assuming the residue is also on the inside. I've watched some video's where people used a solution of hot water, salt, vinegar, and dish soap to clean brass. My question is, has anyone tried this and does it work? Or does anyone have any other solutions or liquid products to cleanse the inside of the case? Thank you

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Personally I have never found the need to use water mixed with anything to clean brass that has been shot with smokeless powder. I size and run my brass with corncob media and Dillon brass Polish.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Not uncommon to have the red residue you mentioned. I use corncob media with a used dryer sheet to help catch the dust. I was never impressed with walnut. Some people use lizard litter, which is walnut shells and there may be less dust as well as being cheaper.
    The liquid you speak of is for a liquid tumbler. Whole nuther animal.

canebreaker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    If you're using Tuff Nut media you'll have red residue, it's polishing rue. Helps get the brass super shiny. I have a second tumbler with corncob media with polish and spent dryer sheets. Run the cases in it for an hour and they come out clean and the sheets are red. The polish keeps them shiny.
    When I get a load of cases that are tarnished they go to the wet tumbler. Water, stainless steel pins, Dawn and a little Lemi-shine. After rinsing they go into a mesh bag and laid on the AC condensing unit to dry. Then into corncob media with polish.

Top Bottom