• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    Just got the lower back from LaserScribe. It looks great.

20131020_190237_zps6cd2fb9d.jpg

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Did you wait in person or you had to go back after a number of days?

I called last week and I was quoted 10-14 business days. Not wanting to wait that long, I took my lower to ZR Tactical Solutions in Noblesville. He had it done overnight. He has a new program and can now do it while you wait. Cost was $35 and looks great.

0750turbo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Pittsboro
    Another vote for ZR Tactical. It took me longer to find it due to incorrect directions on my phone than to get it done. He already had my trust information keyed into his computer from a previous email I had sent him. He asked me to verify it and 4 minutes later it was done. All for $35. Can't get much easier than that.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    It's been asked, but no one answered. Does the Laserscribe engraving meet depth spec? Can you FEEL the engraving? I've heard that if you can feel the difference of depth in the lettering, it's deep enough.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    It's been asked, but no one answered. Does the Laserscribe engraving meet depth spec? Can you FEEL the engraving? I've heard that if you can feel the difference of depth in the lettering, it's deep enough.

I've not measured my engraving, but I can see it's as deep as the factory roll marks, if not just a little deeper. You can definitely feel it.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood

I dropped off my lower to them last week. I asked specifically. ATF requires it to be .003 deep and Lasersribe tells me they do it at .005. Also there is a 10-14 day turn around, so get er done before your stamp get here.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    I dropped off my lower to them last week. I asked specifically. ATF requires it to be .003 deep and Lasersribe tells me they do it at .005. Also there is a 10-14 day turn around, so get er done before your stamp get here.

Just got mine back from Lasercscribe. 2 days short of 3 weeks. Looks great. Dont wait until you get your stamp to get it done.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Is there a specific way everything must be written?

For example, does it have to say "Jim R Smith" or can it say "J R Smith" as long as it matches the paperwork that was filed?

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013

1st, I was told always have the engraving done before sending the NFA application. reason is if the engraver messes it up, i.e. machine malfunction or mis-spell the name, city, etc. it's not really a big deal, keep it as non-NFA and just get another lower for NFA. if it happens after your stamp is approved, then that's a big boo boo. you will need to get a new stamp.

I dropped off 2 lowers at Laserscribe on Wed, they told me it will be done by next Friday, so 10 days. the last time(July, 2013) they did mine in 2 days. it all depends on what their machines schedule.

Phil Mumaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Please add Veritas Machining (an INGO advertiser) to your list of engravers. www.veritasmachiningllc.com. Plain text (name, city, state) on an AR lower is $40 (excluding shipping) and to incorporate into a logo is $100 (also excluding shipping).

RMartin_AR_NFA_Engraving2-interim.jpg P_AR15Magwell_NFA_Engraving_1b-interim.jpg

Phil Mumaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Just to clarify. Yes, we do deep engraving. Yes, we send proofs. Yes, we are an FFL. And yes, those pictures may look shallow, but they meet ATF requirements.

Top Bottom