• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • customizef

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Michigan
    I guess my post was deleted for some reason. But to clarify to Phil Mumaw and his company Veritas, that post was not directed to you. I never specified ANY one particular person, I gave a informative warning that alot of the pictures posted looked shallow and that people should be aware when having this done.

I guess it was deemed that my post was not informative, so I wont post anymore on the subject. And I was never told why it was deleted.

Good luck with your ventures.

Todd

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Any have a current engraver in Lafayette today that I could take one to? I'd prefer not to ship it out if possible. A few of the venders would not let me ship it either. They wanted me to bring it to them. 2-3 hour trip just to drop of a lower, and then have to go back for it later on just isn't feasible.

liston1972

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2014
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I just had some SBR engraving performed by Sp3worker. I may be beating a dead horse, but he does a wonderful job. I recommend him with no reservations. Big thumbs up.

bronson3304

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    kokomo
    Laser scribe

I took in two lowers to be engraved, I would like to say he did a good job because one of the lowers looks great. However the other lower had the city Lafayette misspelled into it. When I went in to pick them up he immediately informed me of the error and went on to explain how it was my fault it happened, even though everything was wrote down on a legal pad in his handwriting. Yes he wrote it all down. Not me. He never offered to replace it or even offer a refund for the mistake. By the way he does not hold an ffl either. Not sure if this matters but it's my understanding that if you are a business and are keeping someone's gun you need to hold a ffl?? Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will

Just my experience with this company. I will be using a different engraver next time

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    I need to get two lowers engraved. Based on the reviews above, I'm a little concerned about using Laserscribe. Can anyone confirm the information above, because I thought they were in pretty good favor here on INGO.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I need to get two lowers engraved. Based on the reviews above, I'm a little concerned about using Laserscribe. Can anyone confirm the information above, because I thought they were in pretty good favor here on INGO.

I would have to see proof in a picture to believe any of that. The people I dealt with were great.

Any idea how much they charge for a basic engraving?

I believe I paid thirty some dollars for each lower. I'd give them a call.

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    I met Purple72 last weekend. He engraved a lower for me, charged me $30, and it only took about an hour.

He is about 30 minutes east of Indianapolis. His name is Brandon and his phone number is 765-425-0162. He was a good guy to deal with and I will be going back to him for future engravings.

pappy56

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Hancock County
    I met Purple72 last weekend. He engraved a lower for me, charged me $30, and it only took about an hour.

He is about 30 minutes east of Indianapolis. His name is Brandon and his phone number is 765-425-0162. He was a good guy to deal with and I will be going back to him for future engravings.

+1 for purple72
    Just had two lowers done. Under 2 hours.
    He is only 15 minutes from me too.

pappy56
    KWL

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I've had AllenM at Diamond Collision do two receivers for me. One was a steel AK and the other was an aluminum Noveske AR lower. Both turned out excellent. Turnaround time was good as well. He's done other work for me and I can whole heartedly recommend him!

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    +1 for Laserscribe (so far). Just dropped off my 2 AR pistol lowers and 1 AK pistol (minus grip and SB-47 brace). Met with Ted (the owner) and he was very helpful. They are doing the engraving on the rigth side of the mag well of the 2 ARs and on the bottom of the receiver (between the mag well and the forend) on the AK pistol.

Charge is $35 each for the 2 ARs and $50 for the AK since they have to make a jig for it. Should be picking them up early next week.

Nice guy. I hope the finished product is worthy of an additional +1

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I agree. I dropped off my AR lower yesterday. Who can't help but likes a place that lets the employees bring in their dog? Hopefully it will be the end of this week or the beginning of next.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I pulled mine down all the way except for the pins. John didn't seem to have any problems with it when I dropped it off.

Top Bottom