• ...and so much more!
  • DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    Wilbur Wright is public and free
    Agreed. Public, Multi use (pistol, Rifle, Shotgun/Skeet) and always has a RangeMaster for safety, handling, and Minor gun assistance (Misfires, jams, etc...). It's the one I visit most, but I load up all the Boomsticks to make it worth the trip

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Applied Ballistics Systems Inc.
    3217 Olympia Dr.
    Lafayette, In. 47909
    765-838-0700

Hours
    Mon-Tues. Closed
    Wed-Thurs. 10am-6pm
    Friday 10am-8pm
    Saturday 9am-9pm
    Sunday 12noon-5pm

ABSI

:+1:

chrismw5551

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Anyone have an opinion of Warsaw rifle and pistol club? I have started working in Warsaw and have tossed around the idea of trying the place out and maybe joining.

USN1978

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Are there any ranges close to the Indy area that are free/cheap. I'm looking for something within an hour or so of Pittsboro that doesn't require membership and is under $20 or so. I've used my Father-in-law's property but he's moving so now.....

Last edited:

alpinebs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Wyatt's in Cicero is opening a nice public indoor range hopefully by May 1st. It should be a nice setup but it is pistol ammo only at this point. They will accept FN's 5.7 rounds.

jhart

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    greenwood
    new to this site not sure were to start except I need some info I am a former marine with the need to go long is their any ranges within a couple of hours of indy with a 500 or longer range. And any help on using forums would be appreciated to as I am new to the whole thing.

Gunfever1986

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    I have went to wilber wright and no one was even there all you had to do was sign in and be safe. but there is a little private shooting range in Anderson on rangline off of mounds road by mounds park. I stoped by there the other day on my way home cause there were several people shooting. i checked them out and the place is really nice but only one down fall you can only shoot 22 rifles but anysize handgun. the indoor range was spotless not one shell casing on the floor. but the place has funny rules for funny reasons. it cost 60$ a year and 2$ every time you use the range. and a probation period where you can only use 22 cal. And from what i got from talking to the guys there that is to see if you are resposible enough to turn everything off when your done and clean up after yourself. but its like 1 mile from my house has anyone else seen this range?

Last edited:

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I skimmed through all the pages...went fast but didn't see our local range listed. Near Logansport we have the L'Anguille Practical Pistol League. This is a private club with yearly dues of $35.00. Most days during the week you will have the entire range to yourself, weekends you can generally have one of 4 sub ranges to yourself. Full auto is permitted on 50 yard range only. We also have assorted fun competitions twice a month, these can be anything from a 22 shot up to a three gun match. In the pic it does not show the new covered shooting benches on the 100 yard range. Each range is bunkered and seperated from the others with berms allowing all ranges to be used at the same time.

ourrange.jpg

jhart

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    greenwood
    Need Info

Looiking for a range close to green wood that is not DNR owned their fees are alittle pricey for me Looking for a private or club that has atleast a 300 range with only a yearly fee.

Any help would be appreciated.

nikoteo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Evansville, IN
    Anyone know of any other ranges in Evansville other than Strictly Shooting? A friend and I were going to go this evening, but their lanes are apparently closed for maintenance.

ThePhantom86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    Columbus
    I'll give Crosley a thumbs up. My wife and I went there a few weeks ago and it was pretty nice. The guys shooting next to us were very friendly as well.

However, the bridge to get there was tiny. My wife has a fear of bridges as it is but she was a trooper about it.

lrs019

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    are there any in northwest indy ... near dyer or hobart ? ?

North Porter County is probably closest. Ther is also Blythe's Sport Shop in Valpo ($9 to use the range), and Deb's Gun Range (not sure what Deb charges) in Hammond. Also Michigan City Rifle Club in Michigan City...it's a private range with many public events, such as trap, IDPA, PPC, Cowboy, small bore, and muzzleloading.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I'll give Crosley a thumbs up. My wife and I went there a few weeks ago and it was pretty nice. The guys shooting next to us were very friendly as well.

However, the bridge to get there was tiny. My wife has a fear of bridges as it is but she was a trooper about it.
    Go in the other way, and you do not have to cross that bridge...

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    anyone know if any of the ranges in NW Indiana allow for like a forum group shoot? Bunch of guys from M4C that I shoot with in IL and OH want to meet in the middle for a group shoot/drill day with pistol and carbines.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    anyone know if any of the ranges in NW Indiana allow for like a forum group shoot? Bunch of guys from M4C that I shoot with in IL and OH want to meet in the middle for a group shoot/drill day with pistol and carbines.
    I have the ability to rent the Nappanee Conservation Club. If I understand correctly, members can rent it for the day for $50. It needs to be booked 3 months in advance and I would need to be there. I would probably be pretty easy to talk into being there if I were going to have the opportunity to shoot lots of really cool pistols and carbines :D

The place might be on the small side for what you are wanting to do, I'm not sure.

nappanee conservation club nappanee in - Google Search

Last edited:

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    I have the ability to rent the Nappanee Conservation Club. If I understand correctly, members can rent it for the day for $50. It needs to be booked 3 months in advance and I would need to be there. I would probably be pretty easy to talk into being there if I were going to have the opportunity to shoot lots of really cool pistols and carbines :D

The place might be on the small side for what you are wanting to do, I'm not sure.

nappanee conservation club nappanee in - Google Search

That would not be a problem. I dont think its too small as MagPul Dynamics is holding a Carbine 1 class there in July. Basically that's what we are looking to do. Get together to run some set COF drills and the like, basically do some Practical Carbine shooting.

If your willing, Im willing to let you play with my SBR for a few haha

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    That would not be a problem. I dont think its too small as MagPul Dynamics is holding a Carbine 1 class there in July. Basically that's what we are looking to do. Get together to run some set COF drills and the like, basically do some Practical Carbine shooting.

If your willing, Im willing to let you play with my SBR for a few haha
    Got any dates in mind?

Top Bottom