• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    It's open. $18 per hour. You have to buy their ammo. You can become a member for $250/yr and bring your own ammo.

I went to Highsmith's Friday to check the place out. Decent store forming up. I spoke about different uses of the range and was quoted so many figures, I can't recall them all so I don't want to quote the other figures. The above figures are correct for those services. Can't remember anything about additional shooter charges, and I recall something about some sort of family membership.

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    hillside shooting sports range and gunstore (7870 N. mayne rd Roanoke indiana 46783 ) is a really nice place. took my son there today and had a great day. he got to shoot his new rossi combo. he liked the 22lr barrel but the 20 gauge was a bit much going to put a thicker buttpad on it for him. i shot there steel pistol range and really loved it . rifle range 50yrds out to 1000yrds . skeet shooting as well. 15 bucks per visit or u can become a member u can check there prices here (www.hillsideshootingsports.com) check it out guys.

d30carls

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Cicero, IN
    there are actually 2 in noblesville fox prarie gun club on 206 st that I go to and another on Edith ave right around the corner from each other I really like fox prarie the guy who runs it is a very nice guy he used it for his personal testing grounds for 30 years and has just opened it to the public this year but its usually just the people you bring and him he reserves it thru an email list its been very busy the last few months so there has been some double booking but he has a 25 & 100 yd range set up but they are together

pingme

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Highsmith is down to earth and reliable person. Fair prices and nice to see on the east side of Indy.

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    being an import from Pennsylvania, where the state runs the free open ranges (25, 50, 100, 200 yard, and a shotgun/skeet area) having to pay to shoot is taking some getting used to... not complaining really.. just some culture shock i guess.. we won't get me started on the "no mountains" part... I'm up around Hobart, any open ranges for rifles around here? I may not be able to hunt with it, but dammit, i'm gonna shoot my .308 :ar15:

Last edited:

djenks11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    crosley

The one at crosley is ok you just may fell lost trying to find it. I work down that way let me know if u need help

d30carls

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Cicero, IN
    Fox prairie gun club on 206th street outside of noblesville is my go to range Jeff is a great guy very knowledgeable and he runs it off donations only small range but its just you and who you bring when u go he runs it threw an email list with time reservations

bberg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Thought it would be noteworthy to mention that you may target shoot in Hoosier national forest with the exception of Charles Deam wilderness area. all they ask is be farther than 150' from a road or house...anywhere people will be. and don't shoot trees etc. a fire road, truck backed in and a target holder makes a nice rifle range. :D please respect it though it's free and all we have close to Bloomington!

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    Fox prairie gun club on 206th street outside of noblesville is my go to range Jeff is a great guy very knowledgeable and he runs it off donations only small range but its just you and who you bring when u go he runs it threw an email list with time reservations

Is this a members only range? I know you said it is open to the public... just looking for details to sight in a long gun at 100'

BIGnTall83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Auburn, Indiana
    Pigeon River in Mongo is public and free, paper targets only, 100, 50 and 25 yrds, 2 stalls each. Its a nice setup although when I went there were a lot of people there and had to wait for 25 and 50yrd stalls to open up. Had fun trying to hit a small paper target with a 20ga pump at 100 yrds. First time shooting int 15+ yrs and I hit 7/10 with iron sights.

Engineer61

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    Does anyone have any knowledge of the Conservation Club that is located just west of Brownsburg? I've been by there several times but there isn't any contat information on the gate...I know they have a range but I don't now its accomodations.
    Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom