• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engineer61

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    Thanks BB37! I'll check those both out. From the sounds of things there has been someone at BBurg spending some $$ today!

BLACKCAT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    You can expand list a lot. Just google IN Gun ranges. You missed one of the great one's Wildcatvalley Rifle and Pistol Club Brookston, IN. You also missed Crawfordsville Gun Club and Linden Conservation Club.

plinker.22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Rtown
    Hey, I am young and dumb...I have yet to purchase my first handgun...

anyway, is there any place that one can go to shoot various calibers and types to determine what one is most comfortable? You know, like a test drive, only for firearms...I know, this seems fraught with peril and I will probably regret making this post!

I am just thinking that I should get a revolver for point and click simplicity and ease...but have never pulled the trigger on one.

Thanks in advance for your consideration of my ignorance! :dunno:

LeftEyeBill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Grant Co.
    I don't know if anybody has mentioned this club yet, but I was a member here for about ten years, and then took some time away, and recently re-joined again. It is a Private club that you must pay to join, and go through some background checks and interviews (all in the name of safety) But, the people there are great, and the facilities are top notch.
    It's called Deer Creek Conservation Club, and it located in Grant Co. IN. just South of the town of Gas City. For people in the area it is worth checking into. Just my personal opinion mind you. :)

Deer Creek Conservation Club

brentlh

Marksman
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    May 11, 2012
    Muncie
    I don't know if anybody has mentioned this club yet, but I was a member here for about ten years, and then took some time away, and recently re-joined again. It is a Private club that you must pay to join, and go through some background checks and interviews (all in the name of safety) But, the people there are great, and the facilities are top notch.
    It's called Deer Creek Conservation Club, and it located in Grant Co. IN. just South of the town of Gas City. For people in the area it is worth checking into. Just my personal opinion mind you. :)

Deer Creek Conservation Club

Sounds like a nice place but after reading the requirements to join, it sounds more like a lot of politics. :noway:

gunfever

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Muncie area

Nice list; I'd like to add the Farmland Conservation Club & Monroe Township Conservation Club; both in the Muncie area.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    Google is your friend.

http://www.bbcclub.org/

Website has address and phone numbers for information. Looks like they are open to prospective members spending some time on their range on Saturday afternoons.
    Following up on the Brownsburg Conservation Club.

I was asked by email if this range allowed shotgun target shooting and was informed that they are a trap only range.

master*photog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Mooresville
    Anyone know of any in SE Indy?
    The 2 I know of is Coonhunters Club inside Batesville, but requires membership and very limited access. Another is in Greensburg, but also requires a membership and limited access.
    I really hate progress, use to be when I was younger(Im 38), there were plenty of open cornfields to shoot in. Now it's someones backyard!

Gnaw Bone, near Nashville, IN

avcautoinc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    i was wondering where people go to shapen thier skills, it seems like a lot of people go to a range. I have only been to a range once (at pop guns), i perfer to shoot out in the fields because im usually by myself and dont have all the extra noise.

Wolverine6G

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 2, 2012
    Looking for a place around Brownsburg that allows centerfire rifles and isnt and hour drive. Anyone know of any?

LeftEyeBill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Grant Co.
    Sounds like a nice place but after reading the requirements to join, it sounds more like a lot of politics. :noway:

Unfortunately just owning a gun doesn't make a person intelligent, thoughtful, or even basically safety minded. Just joining a club doesn't do that either. So, a few hoops have to be jumped through as a safety measure for the entire club. They were having safety issues and range destruction problems, so tighter membership requirements had to be implemented. It's a shame, but one issue can cause liability insurance to shut a club down fast...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pistolpete68
    Top Bottom