• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cjeffrey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    Thanks for the list of ranges. I am going to have to plan a few road trips now. Is always good to try out new ranges to see which one suits you best.

Wanderer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    Bloomington
    Thought it would be noteworthy to mention that you may target shoot in Hoosier national forest with the exception of Charles Deam wilderness area. all they ask is be farther than 150' from a road or house...anywhere people will be. and don't shoot trees etc. a fire road, truck backed in and a target holder makes a nice rifle range. :D please respect it though it's free and all we have close to Bloomington!
    Has anybody here actually done this before? My friend will be back in Bloomington after the college semester is over and it'd be great if we could just go down to shoot in the HNF rather than drive all the way up to the Terre Haute area. I was wondering if anyone's ever tried shooting out there only to be kicked out by a ranger or something like that. The HNF website doesn't seem to explicitly forbid target shooting but I don't know if that necessarily means they permit it.

Last edited:

adamvandusen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    I think you will have to go to Midwest gun and range for that. I grew up in South Bend and we always went to Elkhart or Valpo to shoot.

maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte
    Is there any good shooting ranges (preferable outdoors) near Notre Dame like within like an hour

Kingsbury FWA 5344 S Hupp Rd Laporte IN 46350

its about 35-45 minutes...maybe stretching to an hour from Notre Dame/South Bend area just keep in mind they are on Central Time and you would be on Eastern Time.

NWI Serb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2013
    Yeah, I'm curious about Jasper-Pulaski too. It's only about 40 mins from my house in Crown Point and I'm looking for a place to try out my new Zastava M70 AK :D

JasonB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Pittsboro, IN
    Have iPhone? Search Where to Shoot in Apps Store... Was Freebie and come back with even most of the obscure places...

Near Indy for "public range" would have to be IndyTradingPost... Otherwise I'd highly recommend finding a "private" club if you plan to shot more than 2-3 times a year as you'll deal with far less and far more friendly people at the range.

Chrisw0118

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    I found an add in the Indiana Auto RV for a range in Wabash called Bass and Bucks. Has anyone ever been up there to it? And if so what did anyone think of it?

-Jake-

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    NWI
    I've wore out my fingers googling for shooting ranges near Schererville, IN. I just moved here from Missouri and I need to find a good outdoor rifle range that has at least a 100 yard line. 200+ would be even better. please help! :dunno:

dswanso1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Fishers
    Looking for a place to shoot my .22 rifle and 9mm handgun near Fishers. Any suggestions? I know there is fox prarie in noblesville, but they never reply and if they do thn there is no availability.

mvolz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    Brookville
    Hey storm, have you tried the conservation club in Brookville? I live near St.Peters and shoot in my back field, but like you said, there is getting to be way too many neighbors to do so safely. I don't know if it is members only or what, but it is relatively close to Batesville. It is located by the fairgrounds on Blue Creek Rd. in Brookville.

Top Bottom