• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Are Bravo Company holsters considered "cheaping out" on gear?

What about Comp-Tac holsters? Are THEY considered cheaping out?

Because I can get into the above in the $60-70 range.

Screw you guys who think I'm looking to purchase inferior gear.

I AM looking to save a few bucks. I'd rather have a $65 BCA holster than a $95 Raven. And in today's market, I think it'd be foolish to spend $80+ on essentially the same holster.

Blade-Tech Revolution is $35: Holsters | Blade Tech Gun Holsters | Knives and Tactical Gear

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana

I've seen those - and a few other BladeTech offerings. I don't know if the Revolution will allow the attachment points that I favor (snap loops for easy donning and doffing)

There are plenty of makers out there who have quality offerings in the $60-70 range. I'm looking for them. Hence the thread.

Also - if any of you own/use any ESEE or Condor knives - you're a cheap ass buying inferior equipment because you didn't spend 2-3x more on a better-named item. See how this works?

Quality doesn't mean expensive. Works with belts, can work with clothing, and it can absolutely work for holsters.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I've seen those - and a few other BladeTech offerings. I don't know if the Revolution will allow the attachment points that I favor (snap loops for easy donning and doffing)

There are plenty of makers out there who have quality offerings in the $60-70 range. I'm looking for them. Hence the thread.

Also - if any of you own/use any ESEE or Condor knives - you're a cheap ass buying inferior equipment because you didn't spend 2-3x more on a better-named item. See how this works?

Quality doesn't mean expensive. Works with belts, can work with clothing, and it can absolutely work for holsters.
    Did someone get a case of butt hurt? Not sure what you know about ESEE, but, their knives are solid as ****, and aren't cheap? You asked for something that really doesn't exist, so far, in the kydex world! Cheap, fast, quality, and for you, customized. Pick two? What is the difference in $20-30 if you get what you're asking for? Obviously by this thread, there ARE NOT "PLENTY" of makers in the $60-70 range that actually deliver the product you asked and paid for?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Did someone get a case of butt hurt? Not sure what you know about ESEE, but, their knives are solid as ****, and aren't cheap? You asked for something that really doesn't exist, so far, in the kydex world! Cheap, fast, quality, and for you, customized. Pick two? What is the difference in $20-30 if you get what you're asking for? Obviously by this thread, there ARE NOT "PLENTY" of makers in the $60-70 range that actually deliver the product you asked and paid for?

Yes, that's his point completely. Quality gear can be had at reasonable prices. Something he was made fun of for upthread, seeking a quality holster at a reasonable price.

Tater36

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2014
    Greenwood
    I've used shield custom kydex a lot and love their stuff. Quick turns and quality work. You can find them on Facebook and they are local Indiana boys.. IMG_7446.JPG

pack-indy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Shoshone NF
    Henry Holsters right here in Indiana. Great retention and customer service. Mine has been carried daily and put through some classes without a hitch...highly recommended.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I don't know if the Revolution will allow the attachment points that I favor (snap loops for easy donning and doffing).

Where did he say he wanted a custom item?
    Given a reasonable solution, then...I get it, I just don't see, and have not found after MANY years, quality, the way you want, and reasonable price, all in the same package?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Yes, that's his point completely. Quality gear can be had at reasonable prices. Something he was made fun of for upthread, seeking a quality holster at a reasonable price.
    Oh, for the record, being made fun of is sort of the INGO way, the same as it is when given the opportunity to do something the right way, the cheaper way usually gets chosen.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Oh, for the record, being made fun of is sort of the INGO way, the same as it is when given the opportunity to do something the right way, the cheaper way usually gets chosen.

Sooo you're saying that the right way is always the more expensive route? I disagree.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana

Apparently some reading comprehension work is needed as well as a sarcasm meter. Did I touch a nerve with the ESEE comment?

I am NOT looking for a custom holster. I haven't stated that I am. Because I'm not. I'm looking for a kydex / boltaron pancake-type holster. MOST of those are put together with eyelets that allow a multitude of attachment options. Like loops, pancake wings, quick clips, snap loops, and etcetera. I happen to really like snap loops, but I'm not opposed to trying out quick clips. What I want, which is generally standard (NOT CUSTOM) is a holster constructed with eyelets so that Chicago screws can be inserted through them in order to attach the loops of my choosing. Mea Culpa if that's somehow considered "custom".

Here on INGO, ESEE knives are LAUDED (including by me) for being an exceptional value at their price point. I own two ESEE products. They're relatively inexpensive - but not cheap crap.
    Here on INGO, Daltech belts are LAUDED (including by me) for being an exceptional value at their price point. Though I don't own one, I know many who do. And I recommend them to others based on what I've heard and read about them AND first-hand reviews. They're inexpensive - but not cheap crap.
    Many here on INGO, especially Rhino, love Condor knives. They're quite inexpensive - but not cheap crap.
    Zero Tolerance knives - same story. They're relatively inexpensive for what they are - but they're not cheap crap.
    Henry Holsters are FANTASTIC holsters. They're much less expensive than a Raven. Does that mean that there somehow inherently inferior? NO. But, alas, he's not making OWB holsters any more so I cannot give him any money for one.

So - what I'm attempting to do, is to apply that very same sound logic to the thermoplastic holster world. That's all.

One need not spend $95-130 on a holster to get a good quality holster.

There are myriad holster makers out there.

I'm attempting to learn more about who they are and what their products are like.

I KNOW that I'll be in the $60-70ish range.

For the life of me I cannot figure out how or why this is so hard to understand and apply to holsters if it also applies to other things. Sheesh, people. Think a little.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    JM Custom..... /thread

Most of the makers on this thread.....I go to their site.....and their designs are garbage. This type of OWB (no retention) is primarily for CCW. You want the shirt to hang over it. Why is there so much dang kydex below the muzzle on most of these designs. When you put them on, the kydex hangs so far down and it's pretty obvious you're wearing a gun. And lots of these manufacturers are leaving tons of extra kydex and bulk on them. Why is the holster square? You really want all that extra kydex on there poking you and adding bulk? Garbage designs.

JM Custom gets it right. Tony knows how to design a holster correctly. I'm done wasting my time and money on other makers. When I buy a gun, I immediately contact Tony Mayer. He's not overpriced, and you get a hell of a great holster. And yes, it's worth the wait (he's normally back logged 2-3 months). Normally, they're $75 + $10 shipping, and if you're willing to wait, he has 15% off sales a few times per year. Well worth the money paid.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom