Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Lets clarify this.

REAL butter. Not the "I can't believe anyone eats this Crock" imitation yellow crap.

Just noticed the play on words in the first sentence. LOL

If you have not tried ghee that is becoming so commonly available you should. It is commercial clarified butter, (they removed the milk solids) it can cook your food at higher temperatures without the burning of the milk solids while still give great buttery flavor.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have heard this was a good place to eat... but I've just not mustered up the courage to go there yet myself.
    I'm not a eater of this food because of my years in the beer business delivering to the Indy area Chinese restaurants and the stuff behind the closed kitchen doors I have seen, but Dong's is a highly recommended establishment from how it is talked about on the Mooresville Facebook page.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I have heard this was a good place to eat... but I've just not mustered up the courage to go there yet myself.
    It’s good. Ignore the name. If you’re ever in town and hungry it’s worth a try at least.

I would say we could all have a meet up, but something about meeting a bunch of guys from the internet to eat dongs just doesn’t sit well. It isn’t something I wanna explain to my grandchildren

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It’s good. Ignore the name. If you’re ever in town and hungry it’s worth a try at least.

I would say we could all have a meet up, but something about meeting a bunch of guys from the internet to eat dongs just doesn’t sit well. It isn’t something I wanna explain to my grandchildren
    here is my .02.

If you want EXCELLENT Chinese food, Hong Kong Restaurant where the old DQ used to be. Its across the street and north a bit from Dongs. I think they are back open. They closed after some storm damage, then Covid hit. But Google Maps shows they are back open, but with limited hours. (they close from 3-4)

Dongs is good. I've had better. But that quality is a fair trade for the selection of a buffet. If they are not back to buffet style, I'd go elsewhere, personally. There is only one dish I would order from them as carry out, but only because Ive never seen it anywhere else (Jalapeno Chicken)

Side Wok Cafe up 67 in Ameriplex is good too. Going farther up the road into Mars Hill is Egg Roll King. Good food, and their egg rolls and crab rangoons are the best in town, hands down.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    here is my .02.

If you want EXCELLENT Chinese food, Hong Kong Restaurant where the old DQ used to be. Its across the street and north a bit from Dongs. I think they are back open. They closed after some storm damage, then Covid hit. But Google Maps shows they are back open, but with limited hours. (they close from 3-4)

Dongs is good. I've had better. But that quality is a fair trade for the selection of a buffet. If they are not back to buffet style, I'd go elsewhere, personally. There is only one dish I would order from them as carry out, but only because Ive never seen it anywhere else (Jalapeno Chicken)

Side Wok Cafe up 67 in Ameriplex is good too. Going farther up the road into Mars Hill is Egg Roll King. Good food, and their egg rolls and crab rangoons are the best in town, hands down.
    Dongs buffet is back open now. As for Hong Kong, I agree their main meals are better. My issue is their crab rangoons. It’s 90% shell with no filling. I’ve never had egg roll king but I’ve heard the same thing, and the crab rangoons are the only thing I really “crave” Chinese food-wise.

Have you tried the king gyro in mooresville yet?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Dongs buffet is back open now. As for Hong Kong, I agree their main meals are better. My issue is their crab rangoons. It’s 90% shell with no filling. I’ve never had egg roll king but I’ve heard the same thing, and the crab rangoons are the only thing I really “crave” Chinese food-wise.

Have you tried the king gyro in mooresville yet?
    Not a fan of lamb.

But are they open for carry out only, or buffet? I know they went carry out for a while.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Cool. I'll have to grab Haven and go hang out. Thats where we usually go. (my family isnt a fan of Chinese)

And I have to take their word on the Rangoons. I dont like them myself, but everyone I know that likes them raves about ERKs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom