Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Butter does not need refrigeration. How the heck can you spread cold butter? Mine is frozen until it goes in the butter tray at room temperature to be used...
    I just assumed she kept it refrigerated to keep the butter firm in the peanut butter. The butter would probably last almost indefinitely in the peanut butter, especially mixed with the honey, since honey is also a natural preservative. So I don't know. But I know it was really good. And I haven't been able to duplicate it.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    here is my .02.

If you want EXCELLENT Chinese food, Hong Kong Restaurant where the old DQ used to be. Its across the street and north a bit from Dongs. I think they are back open. They closed after some storm damage, then Covid hit. But Google Maps shows they are back open, but with limited hours. (they close from 3-4)

Dongs is good. I've had better. But that quality is a fair trade for the selection of a buffet. If they are not back to buffet style, I'd go elsewhere, personally. There is only one dish I would order from them as carry out, but only because Ive never seen it anywhere else (Jalapeno Chicken)

Side Wok Cafe up 67 in Ameriplex is good too. Going farther up the road into Mars Hill is Egg Roll King. Good food, and their egg rolls and crab rangoons are the best in town, hands down.

From the chatter, Dong's has the buffet back up running.

Hong Kong is across the street from Mooresville Liquors and next to Sal's ( The old KFC ) which is just a 1/2 block north of McDonald's in town.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Just noticed the play on words in the first sentence. LOL

If you have not tried ghee that is becoming so commonly available you should. It is commercial clarified butter, (they removed the milk solids) it can cook your food at higher temperatures without the burning of the milk solids while still give great buttery flavor.
    Ghee is dead simple to make and MUCH cheaper than buying it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Butter does not need refrigeration. How the heck can you spread cold butter? Mine is frozen until it goes in the butter tray at room temperature to be used...
    Well, yes and no. Butter will go rancid if left out at room temperature too long. I keep ours refrigerated but keep a stick in the butter tray at room temp and will pull out an additional stick when that one gets down to about half a stick. But I use a lot of butter so it never has a chance to go bad. :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom