Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Okay, back to the main subject of this thread... (pineapple on pizza)... I ordered a takeout order from Domino's on Sunday and as I was leaving I noticed they had a sign outside advertising for employment. It said, "Somebody kept putting pineapple on our pizzas, so we fired them. Help Wanted." I should have snapped a pic... :):

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    Well that does suck. If he didn't want to drive that far, he should have just told you that. I have before.
    I agree and the distance is an issue but not an end all for me. I drive a diesel but for the right deal I'll forget about fuel costs. Just spent 2 days pulling cash out of an atm to buy this thing. Now I gotta go give someone cash to write me a check just so I can deposit the money back into my account.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I agree and the distance is an issue but not an end all for me. I drive a diesel but for the right deal I'll forget about fuel costs. Just spent 2 days pulling cash out of an atm to buy this thing. Now I gotta go give someone cash to write me a check just so I can deposit the money back into my account.
    Ah, just put it in the gun safe for he next one…

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

Not to be a wiseguy, but what's ^^^ this all about. You can't deposit cash?

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    You posting SPF on his for sale thread is odd.

Is this some sort of marking it as yours technique? Is this the new "PM sent"

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    If it's a credit union, a lot of them service other credit unions. Finance Center Federal Credit Union (my credit union) does so, as does Forum Credit Union.
    I tried a large check once at forum and they turned me down.

Guess I'll see if any others service Navy fed.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I tried a large check once at forum and they turned me down.

Guess I'll see if any others service Navy fed.
    Did you try depositing or cashing? I just recently deposited a large check from my mom's estate at FCFCU and they placed a "large deposit hold" on it (which I expected), but they still let me do it, but then again I'm a member. I don't know why they wouldn't let you deposit $1K. Pretty sure FCFCU would service Navy Federal, since they're associated with DFAS (I think).

I did run into an issue with Forum when I wanted to withdraw a large amount, saying they could only do up to $1K, so I had to go to FCFCU (before I was a member) to get the rest..

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    Did you try depositing or cashing? I just recently deposited a large check from my mom's estate at FCFCU and they placed a "large deposit hold" on it (which I expected), but they still let me do it, but then again I'm a member. I don't know why they wouldn't let you deposit $1K. Pretty sure FCFCU would service Navy Federal, since they're associated with DFAS (I think).
    Nah it wasn't $1k, it was a $35k check many a year ago. I ended up having to next day it with FedEx. Now I'm just in the routine of mobile check deposit

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Nah it wasn't $1k, it was a $35k check many a year ago. I ended up having to next day it with FedEx. Now I'm just in the routine of mobile check deposit
    In that case, I don't think you'd have any trouble depositing $1K in cash at any credit union that was a service center for Navy Fed...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom