• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    I know a few of you are gonna crap yourselves when you see me working on and owning a glock ..... don't go and get yourselves too hyped up. I ain't converting, just something a little different to tinker with. I won't be giving up my 1911s anytime soon.

Ordered a new Gen 3 Glock 17 for this little project. I handled a similar gun several weeks ago and had to have one for myself.
    Chopped the grip length down to accept 15rd (glock 19) mags, ditched the stupid finger grooves, did a slight grip angle change, and grip circumference reduction. Then did the stipple job and built some kydex gear for it. Waiting on 10-8 gold bead sights and a fulcrum trigger kit and she'll be done.

Frame on the band saw

Frame post grip work, pre stipple with 15rd mag in place

Stipple work complete

OWB & AIWB Holsters and Mag pouch

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Sir, I am impressed. Wish you lived closer and hired out!

I know a few of you are gonna crap yourselves when you see me working on and owning a glock ..... don't go and get yourselves too hyped up. I ain't converting, just something a little different to tinker with. I won't be giving up my 1911s anytime soon.

Ordered a new Gen 3 Glock 17 for this little project. I handled a similar gun several weeks ago and had to have one for myself.
    Chopped the grip length down to accept 15rd (glock 19) mags, ditched the stupid finger grooves, did a slight grip angle change, and grip circumference reduction. Then did the stipple job and built some kydex gear for it. Waiting on 10-8 gold bead sights and a fulcrum trigger kit and she'll be done.

Frame on the band saw

Frame post grip work, pre stipple with 15rd mag in place

Stipple work complete

OWB & AIWB Holsters and Mag pouch

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    You did a fine job, but why not buy a G-19 & then you wouldn't need to cut the G-17

Longer sight radius, longer barrel, with the concealbility of a 19. Plus, more important to me is, its MUCH MUCH easier to fix the f'd up grip angle to aide in the natural pointability for me on the 17 size frame than it is on the 19. Dimensionally the palm swell on the 17 and 19 are equal from the bottom of the grip frame. There is more "flat area" from the slide down on the 17 than on the 19. By chopping the 17 I'm losing 1/2" to 5/8" of the palm swell from the get go, thus already helping to get the muzzle naturally down before I start the grip circumference reduction and little bit of angle change.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Best text ever

Screenshot_2013-08-27-20-48-42_zps60e41cec.png

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    I respect you for A) trying out another gun besides a 1911 (you strike me as a die-hard 1911 guy) B) having the balls to do that much work to a gun and C) having such a open mind...

But damn it, Glocks are ugly.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Well done! Now it's "perfect-er".

Little Kydex trick I've learned, wrap a piece of masking tape around the mag where the notches are for the mag release. It dulls the angle so you still get decent retention without the possibility of locking the mag in the pouch. (I had to drill the rivets on my first mag pouch to get the mag out). I'm not sure on the gauge of kydex you used, but it looks like it goes pretty deep in the notch. Also, it looks like the mag was empty when you molded it... That could be a problem.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Chopped Glocks own. One of these days I want a posurp G17 to chop to accept G26 magazines. Can't stand DIY stippling/grip reduction in Glocks, but looks like it works for you.

Aren't plastic guns great?

Top Bottom