• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lagrange

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Lagrange, IN.
    I'm curious if anyone can tell me what the blade width (not thickness) of a Randall Combat Companion is?
    I would like to mock one up some day. I have most of the dimensions, but am not sure of this one.

Any help is appreciated.

PoolQs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Noblesville
    Hey Eric,

This guys are one of the largest distributors of Randall's that I have heard of (More than Randall carries themselves)
    Went to their site and some of their "stock" descriptions have dimensions.
    Looks like the mini's are coming in around 1.25"
    https://www.arizonacustomknives.com...aspx?ReturnUrl=Randall-Made-Knives.aspx?Page=

Question for all you Randall collectors... Why does Randall use 440B SS vs 440C ?? For everything I have read, B class is lower grade with less Cr ?
    Troy

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    Not sure. I order all mine out of 0-1 tool steel. (Although I'm not a Randall collector, I'm a Randall user :) )

I think I read this somewhere and I'll try to find it. Types of steels mean virtually nothing to me so I don't pay much attention to it.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    H
    Question for all you Randall collectors... Why does Randall use 440B SS vs 440C ?? For everything I have read, B class is lower grade with less Cr ?
    Troy

I'm not a Randall collector, but I can address that. Randall still forges and forging stainless is more complicated than plain carbon and tool steels. 440B is more forgiving when forging than is 440C.

And I know I'm in the minority here, but I still maintain that all else equal (heat treatment, etc.), 440A and 440B allow you to get a thinner, sharper edge than you can get with 440C. The 440C is more abrasion resistant and the edge you can put on it will last longer.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom