• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Lkq is a corporate run store. They don’t do the pick-a-part thing.
    LKQ owns a self service chain of salvage yards nationwide, I don't remember the specific name, something along the line of U Pick It. They have one in Blue Island Ill , one in the city of Chicago, and just closed one in Chicago Heights Ill. I am not familiar with their locations in Indiana.
    Pauls Auto Yard has several NWI locations , the one in Westville has become difficult to deal with over the last couple of years but is huge. Lake Station has a lot of inventory but is a mudhole if it has rained in the last month. The one in Demote is great if they have what you are looking for.

Both chains have websites. Pnp chain in Hammond has shrunk considerably the last few years.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Just a phone call away:

It appears LKQ has two divisions of parts yards one under the LKQ banner and one under the PYP banner.

The Michigan City location doesn't show up on the PYP web site.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I've been to the one in Holland, MI. You have to pay a cover charge at the counter just to go in the yard. They will inspect what tools you brought and weigh your tool bag. If you are looking for a specific make/model they can tell you exactly where it is at.

It's been my experience that most of the cars have been picked over pretty good. Both times I have gone, I didn't get any parts that I needed and ended up wasting money for the cover charge to get in.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Just a phone call away:

It appears LKQ has two divisions of parts yards one under the LKQ banner and one under the PYP banner.

The Michigan City location doesn't show up on the PYP web site.
    They dont answer.

Top Bottom