• ...and so much more!
  • clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    They are common in the southwest. They are a hit and miss kind of thing. Lots of the parts were jobbed out to small shops at one time so quality is sporadic. You might get a good one or you might get one with some problems.

I have had some good ones and some that was not as good. Good thing is that they are cheap enough that you will not lose a lot of money on one.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    My Dad has one of the little "mini-1911" .380s. Goes bang every time. Very pleasant to shoot and nice trigger.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    They are common in the southwest. They are a hit and miss kind of thing. Lots of the parts were jobbed out to small shops at one time so quality is sporadic. You might get a good one or you might get one with some problems.

I have had some good ones and some that was not as good. Good thing is that they are cheap enough that you will not lose a lot of money on one.

Well stated. :+1:

If you can buy one for very cheap and don't mind tinkering, go for it!!! :yesway:

backtrail540

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    Angola, IN
    My buddy has one, though i have not shot it. I too have heard bad things about them and would not use one for carry. Probably wouldn't be a terrible cheap shooter though.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    A buddy i used to run with had one ..1911 style .380 ..
    I shot it a few times it was an older one went bang every time but i have seen many of them since that were junk ....I personally wouldnt trust one ...
    There is a reason why you see them in pawn shops for $175 - 250 ..

while the rest of us consider a cheap .45 $400 ...:twocents:

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I had one of the older 1911 style .22's they made. It was good as a plinker. My best friend bought an Omni and it wouldn't feed ANY ammo without at least 2 malfunctions per magazine.....So, if it's a .22 they're all right, I wouldn't trust their larger calibers.

1 old 0311

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    WHEN they work, they are as good as anything out there. Parts are tough to find, but if the price was cheap enough, AND I could test fire it, I would go for it.

Top Bottom