• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • goldsmithr3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Has anyone had experience with the MiniMax? I picked one up some years ago, and it's still a bit troublesome even after some work (no misrepresentation......I new it was a project gun).

I still have occasional stovepipes, and it seems to aim most of the empties to the center of my forehead. So far, I've changed magazines, recoil spring, sear spring, lowered and flared ejection port, (lightly ) polished feed ramp and throat, lightly polished chamber, breaking top edge of throat. I seem to see mixed reviews on the Llama, although I keep hoping that this has some potential.

Any advise appreciated.

goldsmithr3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Thanks, that's likely good advice. I contacted Cylinder and Slide, and their response was "We don't work on Llama's".

Take care.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I had the Mini Max and various other Llamas and never had a problem out of one of them. (except the same problem with the minimax throwing empties at my forehead) Some people like them,some don't and I know some parts are hard to get. I had a chance to trade for a Maxi 1 recently but turned it down just for lack of parts and knowing I would never get any money out of it.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I had a Max-I, reliable, reasonably accurate, nice gun, would have another if I got a good deal, I've seen the Mini-Max's, kinda neat, sorry for your trouble.

Top Bottom