• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    So the PCR mess happened under Danny East?
    We all know the top man gets the blame.
    Maybe the majority of guilt lies with somebody of lesser rank.
    I dunno.
    Do think it involves more than one person.

Last edited:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    He authored the current rules when he was not the Director of IDNR LE. He could just as easily fix it without being the Director. Things happen, mistakes get made and hopefully the latest regs will be corrected soon. My problem is not with him personally, it is with a politician with zero experience enforcing the law being appointed to manage an agency tasked with doing just that. There is a gaping hole in perspective when someone who has not performed the job is appointed to oversee others who are performing it. No personal attacks on him from me, its just bad business.
    Totally get the "why do we have a non-LEO leading an entire state-wide branch of LEOs" sentiment. It was my gut reaction too. But he is a vet, and I read a news article last night that says he is a reserve Deputy in his hometown. Although he may not be the most qualified from the "BTDT" side, it sounds like he isn't totally disconnected from it either.

Hookeye, there are numerous threads discussing the PCR snafu, this is not one of them. Unless your rants are tied to the appointment of Lloyd as the lead for DNR Law Enforcement, I think you're ranting in the wrong place...

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Totally get the "why do we have a non-LEO leading an entire state-wide branch of LEOs" sentiment. It was my gut reaction too. But he is a vet, and I read a news article last night that says he is a reserve Deputy in his hometown. Although he may not be the most qualified from the "BTDT" side, it sounds like he isn't totally disconnected from it either.

I hadn't read about him being a reserve. Any experience is better than none and I'm not knocking him as a person, I just think preachers should run churches, doctors should run hospitals and LEO's should run LE agencies.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Arnold is the rep for my area. My impression of him is not real favorable. Basically thinks his **** don't stink, knows everything there is to know, and he is never, ever wrong. While he didn't flat come out and say it, I get the idea that if he had his way he'd sell every square inch of public access land in this state to the highest bidder. Yeah, I don't see his appointment as being a good thing for anybody except him.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest

Hookeye, there are numerous threads discussing the PCR snafu, this is not one of them. Unless your rants are tied to the appointment of Lloyd as the lead for DNR Law Enforcement, I think you're ranting in the wrong place...

Somebody thought the new guy, by not being an LEO, might screw up the DNR LE group.
    My point was...........the new guy didn't create the PCR snafu.
    As such, he might just be better than the last guy.
    Give him a chance.

If you didn't get that from my prev post.........

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Arnold is the rep for my area. My impression of him is not real favorable. Basically thinks his **** don't stink, knows everything there is to know, and he is never, ever wrong. While he didn't flat come out and say it, I get the idea that if he had his way he'd sell every square inch of public access land in this state to the highest bidder. Yeah, I don't see his appointment as being a good thing for anybody except him.

No surprise. I can't say that I really expected much from someone appointed by a corrupt governor.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Oct 23 effective date. hhhmmmm.

Comes in gets appointment to office first at the press conference he states that the law concerning PCR will not be enforced this year. Big press for the big guy. Saves the day for some people others don’t care either way. Good press for the guy who wrote the poor law and a new position of power created in published eye.
    Says legislation concerning public hunting laws should always be in the hands of the department and that lawmakers should not be involved. Schedule a meeting of the natural Resources Committee/ lawmakers / top government heads ect.

so his office at head of CO LE defines the department to the public who already believes that they write the rules and game limits. Yet they just enforce the rules and limits set by a different department. Sounds like a power grab to me. Need to follow that money me thinks.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Oct 23 effective date. hhhmmmm.

Comes in gets appointment to office first at the press conference he states that the law concerning PCR will not be enforced this year. Big press for the big guy. Saves the day for some people others don’t care either way. Good press for the guy who wrote the poor law and a new position of power created in published eye.
    Says legislation concerning public hunting laws should always be in the hands of the department and that lawmakers should not be involved. Schedule a meeting of the natural Resources Committee/ lawmakers / top government heads ect.

so his office at head of CO LE defines the department to the public who already believes that they write the rules and game limits. Yet they just enforce the rules and limits set by a different department. Sounds like a power grab to me. Need to follow that money me thinks.

Interesting..... supposition, tea leaves or crystal ball?

I doubt any LEO, experienced or not,will say "we are not going to enforce the law.

Top Bottom