• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I was reading another Ingo thread where a gun shop owner handed a customer a pistol to inspect only to have the young man point it at him and pull the trigger. It was not loaded of course, but the incident reminded me of a few years back when I was browsing a shop looking for a small .22 revolver for my son to learn to shoot with. The woman behind the counter handed me a Ruger single six I believe; problem was it had 5 live rounds and one spent still in it. I asked her if it was store policy to keep the guns loaded they were selling as I ejected them on the counter.

Has anyone else ever been handed a loaded weapon in a gun store?

From behind the counter? I have never heard that story before. All the stories I have heard are customers selling guns and forgot to empty it before handing it over

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Nice thing about looking at revolvers. Open cylinder no go bang. Also easier to check.

I do use the crap out of chamber flags at home and at the range. Often handing then firearm to the person checking it out with the flag in.

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    Until today every gun store always checked the chamber before handing me a gun.

I went to Rivercity Guns/Mt. Vernon Outfitters today in Mt. Vernon. Every single pistol this guy handed me, he handed it to me barrel first (pointed at me) and never once checked the chamber.

I went through about four pistols, each time racking the slide, and checking the chamber, and he never got the clue. Needless to say I walked out, and didn't look back.

You had FOUR pistols pointed at you in one place, at one time, by one guy!!!

After having one pointed at me I would have been quite perturbed with the guy and kindly asked him not to do that again.

Top Bottom