• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Yeah, I'm sick of getting all this 9mm Grenade (tm) brass, dangit. Y'all are big jerks for leaving me free brass that I have to inspect! The nerve!!

Same thing goes for all you unethical Glock shooters with all the bulged brass. How dare you?!

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Is it fair to question the ethics of a person who draws conclusions based on things they hear?

The way I see it, bulged Glock brass is dangerous. I question the ethics of all shooters have unsupported chambers and don't pick up there brass.

I can't figure out how to do purple text, but that should be in purple.

:draw:

FIFY

smith52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Kosciusko County
    I am here to help and provide a public service, I will keep all the range brass at ever match I go to in 2014 to make sure none of you have to worry about that dangerous 9 major brass or the bulged Glock brass. Thank you, that is all.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    If so much as 1 piece of 38 midget or 45 shortyshort pops out of those moon clips and ends up in my brass bag.....

gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    Last year I got into reloading and before I started I bought two books on the subject that both touch upon the "9MM Major". In each case both authors highly recommend against it even with highly customized guns. In a nut shell the logic was that you are pushing a 9mm round into the realm of rifle pressure's.

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Last year I got into reloading and before I started I bought two books on the subject that both touch upon the "9MM Major". In each case both authors highly recommend against it even with highly customized guns. In a nut shell the logic was that you are pushing a 9mm round into the realm of rifle pressure's.

That's why we use small rifle primers... haha!!! Powder choice is critical. 9major - FTW!

Fourtrax

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Is it fair to question the ethics of a person who leaves 9mm brass laying on a range that has been loaded to major? They don't trust it to shoot again themselves but it almost invariably winds up in someone else's brass bag.

True, most people aren't loading major and subsequent loadings might be fine. But I find it to be irresponsible.

With all the problems I hear about 9mm major, is it really worth it? Why not 40 or 9x23?

Perhaps I am being overly cautious.

First, I've been shooting major nine for many years and when I started I picked it up and reloaded it. I quit counting around 4-6 reloads. After a season or two, I decided to let it lay. I'm like that, I hate picking up brass, it is a distraction to me.

I find that that anyone who picks up range brass and then doesn't do their due diligence while processing the brass, to be irresponsible. In fact, flaming morons. It's range brass for crying out loud, ........ inspect every piece.

Second, when I was shooting Super and the first year or so of shooting nine, I shot until the case split. Pretty common practice among some shooters.

Either the primer pocket wallows out or the case splits. These are the only two indications I know to look for on used brass.

Doing your due diligence and inspecting all cases is a requirement, not a suggestion.

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    my wife and I shot 14, 000 rnds. of handloaded 9mm major in 2012 without any ammo related issues. it's not hard to figure out.

Top Bottom