• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1kwikf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Im trying to find a local Springfield commemorative 150 (operating engineers) 1911. I know this isnt marketplace section, but ive never even seen one. My father in law has been trying to get his hands on one with no avail. He's retiring later this year and i wanted to get him one as a retirement present. They are 1 of 725. If anyone knows where to get one or wants to get rid of theirs please let me know.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Im trying to find a local Springfield commemorative 150 (operating engineers) 1911. I know this isnt marketplace section, but ive never even seen one. My father in law has been trying to get his hands on one with no avail. He's retiring later this year and i wanted to get him one as a retirement present. They are 1 of 725. If anyone knows where to get one or wants to get rid of theirs please let me know.

Who sponsored the run? Was it Springfield or the Local? How long ago?

SW.Ecks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    LaPorte
    My dad has two, consecutive serial numbers too. I probably shouldn't have told you, because he'll never come off of those! They are truly beautiful pieces though, I can only hope they are passed down to me when the time comes.

1kwikf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Did I stumble into the Classifieds?...
    Im well aware that this is not the classifeds, but i was told to come here because I truely had no idea what it looked like, and it would get more attention here

Who sponsored the run? Was it Springfield or the Local? How long ago?

It was todd vandermyde of local 150... i think they were made in 2006 or 7

My dad has two, consecutive serial numbers too. I probably shouldn't have told you, because he'll never come off of those! They are truly beautiful pieces though, I can only hope they are passed down to me when the time comes.

From what i can tell a vast majority of the people that have them have 2... sweeny has numbers 1 and 2, vandermyde has #150 and 2 prototypes.

My fiances dad has been on the list since they came out so his name is near the top if any ever come back to 150, but with him retiring, i feel like he'll be overlooked

Wesley929

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    NW INDY
    You could always just buy a 1911 and pay to have it personalized with the date of his retirement, how many years he had in, and Local 150 Operators, and what not.

Might be cheaper or easier than finding one of a limited edition run.

1kwikf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    You could always just buy a 1911 and pay to have it personalized with the date of his retirement, how many years he had in, and Local 150 Operators, and what not.

Might be cheaper or easier than finding one of a limited edition run.

I've thought of that, and I agree with you on the cheaper and easier part, but he is a very particular person... He wants the commemorative. Ive offered to take him shooting with me, but he wont go until he gets his commemorative... its just more motivation for me to find it i guess

SW.Ecks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    LaPorte
    Congrats! I wish I had my own, but until then I'll have to eyeball my dad's set! Yes, I know that sounded really messed up, but I'm sure you'd all love to see my dad's pair, too!

Top Bottom