• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robbran144

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    southside/greenwood
    Let me start off by saying sorry to the Mod's if this in the wrong spot, it just seemed the most appropriate.

I had today off and the woman was asleep because she works nights at Riley's so i decided to take my own little local gun shop tour. My list of stores were, Tactical Shotgunner,Indy Trading post, PSS, Bradis, Elmore's...

I started at Tactical Shotgunner on south Shelby street, nice little store, i didn't know where to park so i went to the back of the place and they let me in :). Mr. and Mrs Gungho super nice people, got to see one of the new hats that hadn't made it in the mail yet from the Wounded Warrior auction,nice hats, and i can't wait till they come in so i can get one. This store doesn't have a huge selection of handguns (it's a shotgun store i know) but they had a fair selection of handguns. descent selection of Glocks. Anything you could ever want for a shotgun in this place. My only - on this store would be a sign or a bigger sign,i thought there store was Law Enforcement firearms. This store and its owners and employees are Top Notch and you wont be dissapointed in dealing with them. I want to thank them for letting me loiter for a while in there.

next i went to Indy Trading Post. Brian and the guys now have a very nice shop. They have a wide selection of handguns,ar's and had a beautiful collection of Colt handguns. Brian also told me they are now a Glock stocking dealer as is Tactical Shotgunner. If you visited the old Indy Trading Post you definately have to visit the new store its like night and day difference. They are easy to find just north of Troy Ave on Madison you will see the big guns and knives sign on the right. they were fairly busy which was a pleasant surprise.

I then went to PSS in Plainfield,(cant remember the address but its right on hwy 40) This place was packed,you could barely even get to the counter to look at guns. I had 2 highlights here, first one was i seen a gentleman with his wife/gf picking out a new S&W 642 i believe, i heard her say i want this one and headed to the cash register. My second highlight here was i got to hold and caress a new Glock 20 and i'm now in love. If you've never been here you might add it to your list of gunshops to visit,they too have a great selection of firearms.

Off to Bradis i went,(for those that don't know its on hwy 67 N south of 465) Also packed to the ceilings with people, I dont think he recognized me but behind the counter i seen our very own shooter521 working his butt off. He's a very knowledgeable guy, I was standing there while he was helping a guy with a glock 22 i believe. I met another Ingoer there,sorry can't remember his name but said he'd been working there a few days. I like Bradis because i never have an issue with customer service,they too have a diversified selection of guns. For the Mosin fans they had probably 20 of them for sale.

Then to Elmores in Greenwood at fairview and 135. The smokers were out of the shop today so it was pleasant smelling in there,not that the smoke bothers me but it was absent today. This place has the best selection of 1911's i've ever seen, also got to fondle a G20 in olive drab.Prices are a little higher but i've bought most of my guns here and know i can walk out the door cheaper than what's on the tickets in there. not the biggest store but they have a very good selection of firearms.

All in all i had a fun day, everyone of the shops had friendly service,even the ones that were crazy busy made sure everyone got talked to and any questions answered. My first 2 stores are INGO Advertisers the other 3 are not but alot of Ingoers visit the other 3. I had never been to TSG and i hadn't visited ITP's new store and i have to say it was a pleasant experience at both. Minus Elmore's, prices were very similar at all 4 stores, making them all a good option in my opinion...

Ok I'll end this,no one put me up to this, I had nothing better to do today,hopefully people from out of town can find this useful as they travel through the Indy area. I know there are other gun shops in the area i didn't visit them today so they are not included in here. Thanks for reading my lengthy post.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Thanks for stopping in! Sorry I didn't say what up; today was kinda one big blur of people. The new guy is David; not sure what his screen name is on here but I will ask.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Greensburg
    Gun shop tour

My buddy and I made a small tour of gunshops yesterday, we stopped at the Outdoorsman, it was alright but I expected something else from all I have heard about them. Then we went to Elmore's, that is more my kind of shop, small but they have a lot of nice stuff, although I did look at 2 Ed Brown's a Kobra Carry and an Executive Carry and both had scratches or scuffs on the slide between the ejection port and rear sight. I think I would be handling a $2450 gun a little better than that :dunno:, I did like the place though and probably will go back. Then we went to PSS, some nice stuff and prices were decent but the bearded guy in the infidel t shirt, with his pizza box on the counter and eating pizza off a paper plate did not seem to professional to me, but the placed was packed so they can't be that bad I guess. Then to Bradis, place was busy, but at least 3 people asked if we needed anything, didn't see anything that I could not live without so I came home empty handed.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I had 2 highlights here, first one was i seen a gentleman with his wife/gf picking out a new S&W 642 i believe, i heard her say i want this one and headed to the cash register.

That was me and my wife. I remember talking to you briefly about your gun shop tour. And, yes, it was a new S&W 642. That was our first trip to PSS, and we'll be going back. When we left, my wife said, "I like that place, we should go back." :rockwoot: Her handgun addiction is starting.

Top Bottom