• patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    LOLWUT?
    Hello LOLWUT. EEZ GON. END WITH THE HOLE IN IT DOES NOT GET POINTED AT PEOPLE.

The problem was the gun was loaded and there probably was no good reason that it was. Let's leave the mental gymnastics out of it.

I KNOW IT WAS LOADED. NO GYMNASTICS REQUIRED.
    Guns fail, take measures to avoid catastrophe - like not having a gun loaded unless there's a reason.

EDIT:

THE negligence took place when it was pointed in an unsafe direction. Could not have caused the problem if not pointed in unsafe direction.

And how exactly is this not an accidental discharge? The safety is on, no finger or near the trigger, and it's a known defect of the Rem 700! The guy wasn't coonfingering, so I fail to see how the concept of "it's always loaded" could have prevented the discharge. Guns are not always loaded; it's just a lie you tell yourself in order to make yourself practice safe handling disciplines. If the gun would have been unloaded, then this wouldn't have occurred.

And what do you mean by "unnecessary problem"?
    EXACTLY what I said. Had it been pointed in a safe direction no injury would have occurred.

Perhaps you're calling him out because the bullet hit him. Well if it didn't hit him where else could it have gone? Maybe through the floor and into the ground and maybe through the door and into a crowd of people.

Perhaps you're reading comprehension and logic need practice? Not calling anyone out. Stating a fact. Don't point the damn thing at stuff you don't want broken. If you practice that whether you think it's loaded or not, you'll not have to carry someone to the hospital, or worse, the morgue when it goes off. For whatever reason. AD or ND won't matter if your friend or your child dies because you pointed the gun in an unsafe direction.

If you want to continue this line of reasoning I'll meet you at a little Baptist church in Brown County and give you a tour of my youngest brothers grave. Then I'll relate to you the story of how he came to be there. DON'T POINT A GUN AT THINGS OR PEOPLE YOU DON'T WANT TO LOSE.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    I thought not pointing a firearm, ANY firearm at anything you didn't want to destroy was common sense?

Even the NBC or whatever hit piece had a story of a son who killed his brother after aiming a loaded remington at his brother during an argument resulting in what they called an AD... To me that is straight murder/manslaughter.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Perhaps you're reading comprehension and logic need practice? Not calling anyone out. Stating a fact. Don't point the damn thing at stuff you don't want broken. If you practice that whether you think it's loaded or not, you'll not have to carry someone to the hospital, or worse, the morgue when it goes off. For whatever reason. AD or ND won't matter if your friend or your child dies because you pointed the gun in an unsafe direction.
    Perhaps my reading comprehension was clouded by the terse post you made. Was it made from a phone?

If the gun is in a rectangular square case, which end is the muzzle? If you're loading that case in the truck and your one side and your buddy is on the other, what should you do? Tell him to come stand beside you?

I get your point - but here's a situation that can't simply be addressed by the four rules.

The NRA three rules does:

• ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction. This is the primary rule of gun safety.
    • ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
    • ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.

If the gun was unloaded, the would have malfunctioned a the firing pin would have dropped on an empty chamber. Isn't that much better than it firing regardless of what's in the line of fire?

The guy knew the gun was loaded - so shouting EEZ ALWAYS LOADED doesn't change outcome, does it?

Obviously, I'm not opposed to good muzzle discipline, but the solution here was to unload the gun and practice safe muzzle discipline.

If you want to continue this line of reasoning I'll meet you at a little Baptist church in Brown County and give you a tour of my youngest brothers grave. Then I'll relate to you the story of how he came to be there. DON'T POINT A GUN AT THINGS OR PEOPLE YOU DON'T WANT TO LOSE.
    I'm sorry for your tragic loss.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Perhaps you're reading comprehension and logic need practice?

It doesn't......Jetta is one smart guy...He travels the country bringing light to those that need it in a big way...

They don't let folks handle that who lack "comprehension" and "logic"....And his response shows he's a gentleman to boot.....Very few gentleman scholar's left in the world....He's one of them....

Top Bottom