Local shop who can thread a lever action?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Waldojr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 22, 2020
    West
    Live in Avon, any shops local that could/would do this?

Have a 38/357 rossi that I would love to have threaded for fun. Need to get my 1911 threaded barrel fitted as well.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Nope.
    Not a lever action
    There’s better actions for suppressors.
    Like bolt actions.
    Why? If you’re wanting the ultimate quiet, a locked breech is the most important thing. Yes, you have the hammer fall on a lever action but it’s still damned quiet and a lot of fun.
    I already had the rossi; had had it for years
    I can easily load subsonic .38 special ammo and can even load it with some pretty heavy for caliber bullets for a bigger whack.
    I already had a Couple of 9mm cans.
    They don’t make too many (one that I know of and I believe it’s discontinued) bolt action .357/38’s.
    Faster follow up shots with the lever vs bolt action.

So, please, explain your reasoning for your opinion. I’d love to hear your side. Maybe you’ll sway my opinion.

Heck, if it weren’t for the mag tube follower having to come out to reload, I’d have my old Marlin 39a threaded!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Why? If you’re wanting the ultimate quiet, a locked breech is the most important thing. Yes, you have the hammer fall on a lever action but it’s still damned quiet and a lot of fun.
    I already had the rossi; had had it for years
    I can easily load subsonic .38 special ammo and can even load it with some pretty heavy for caliber bullets for a bigger whack.
    I already had a Couple of 9mm cans.
    They don’t make too many (one that I know of and I believe it’s discontinued) bolt action .357/38’s.
    Faster follow up shots with the lever vs bolt action.

So, please, explain your reasoning for your opinion. I’d love to hear your side. Maybe you’ll sway my opinion.

Heck, if it weren’t for the mag tube follower having to come out to reload, I’d have my old Marlin 39a threaded!
    Ok....I was on your side until you said you would thread an old 39a. :cool: :stickpoke:

Seriously though - a suppressed 38 lever gun is a pretty slick shooting experience.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Ok....I was on your side until you said you would thread an old 39a. :cool: :stickpoke:

Seriously though - a suppressed 38 lever gun is a pretty slick shooting experience.
    It’s pretty rough. But it’s an amazing shooter. If I had better eyes, it would rival my heavy barrel bolt gun with a scope on it. I’m seriously thinking of sending it to GTS Customization to get it rust blued and color case hardened. They do amazing work.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I had a bug to thread a 30-30 Marlin several years ago. The barrel was so tight AllenM couldn't get it out of the receiver. I found a guy in Texas that could do it. It was a pain to ship it to him, but he was a nice guy. Not local, but if Allen doesn't want the work I'd see if this guy is still doing it.

ikb6L2a.jpg

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I suppose these appeal to you guys?
    Tactical lever actions..
    Wow. So glad our military don’t still use lever actions.
    I’m silly?????
    Good grief.
    I’m not the biggest fan of the rails but heck yeah, I’d shoot them all. I’d love to have a big bore can and use it on my 1895!

I’m glad the military doesn’t use lever guns too but don’t see how this applies to this discussion.

Good grief indeed…

Titanium700

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2022
    Otisco
    My opinion but that’s an abomination.
    A suppressed or tactical lever action.
    I just don’t get it.
    Ar-15’s are for tactical, semi autos are for tactical.
    Lever actions are again in my opinion for wood stocks with blued barrels and iron sights.
    Old west style.
    I suppose you would probably like suppressing revolvers too?
    Old timers would turn cartwheels in their graves if they saw these modern lever actions.
    Yes ,,, good grief.

Waldojr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 22, 2020
    West
    So is it too much to ask to have my 45 colt Taurus Thunderbolt threaded now... Now that would be unique. My hybrid 46 doesn't get that much use.

Top Bottom