• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    Broom_JM, how many people besides yourself are experiencing good bullet performance with the Hornady FTX? I was going to give them a try in my reloads for my three JM stamped 336CA's in 35 Remingtons, but read some bad press over at Marlinowners.com. My JM stamped Marlins are wonderfully accurate and dirt simple as Forrest Jump to reload for. I will let the pictures of my targets speak for the rifles themselves.

Attachments

• KIMG0055.jpg
      KIMG0055.jpg
      486.4 KB · Views: 8

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I don't know how many other people are experiencing good performance with the 35 caliber, 200gr FTX bullets, but in this day and age, I take all "bad press" with a big grain of salt! :)

Deer are remarkably easy to kill, which is why we constantly hear how important bullet placement is. It seems like your rifles are placing those bullets quite well, and if they expand even a little before exiting, that's all ya need from a bullet that starts out at .358".

The only frustrating thing is we can't use the trimmed back 35 Remington cases on public land this fall; in fact, we can't use anything but a shotgun, ML or pistol! What a joke our legislature has made of our deer rifle regulations. :-/

Top Bottom