• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Was reading a backwoodsman mag. recently,came across a request for lock picking info,based on the premise that,in a city,anything you need for survival is close by, if you have the "foraging" skills to gain access. Good way to get shot,but ,nevertheless,true. Anybody know a"shorthand"way to learn lockpicking skills?

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    There was a vendor at the 1500 selling pick kits with instructions.
    I don't know what company but maybe someone here can tell you who he was with.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Lock picking is not hard to learn. The issue is it is a perishable skill. You have to stay in practice or it goes away. You can make most of what you need, and there is a ton of info on youtube.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    You can make many picks, rakes etc out of the metal inserts of wiper blades.

Start out on old door locks. You will be replacing yours once you find out how easy it is.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I wonder what ever happened to that guy on the forum that told me he could pick Medeco Biaxial? I offered to bring my own cylinders, and buy breakfast if he would show me how...never heard back from him.

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Do any of you experienced guys have a recomendation for a good entry level kit to learn with? Something durable,compact,maybe with instructions? There's a lot out there,but as with all things internet,sales pitches from sellers can be unreliable.

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Got myself a lockpick set quite a few years back. Fun little thing to toy around with, bought a bunch of door locks and padlocks from the hardware store, was able to get them open.

Used it a couple of times when my former boss locked her office with the keys inside

Desdinova

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2012
    Austin
    Do a search for the MIT Guide to Lockpicking... ran across this years ago

Might be outdated but some very handy information in there

nsolimini

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ellettsville
    Lock picking guns are pretty easy to use on "most" locks. Myself and my kit, I was never anything to brag about, but I am self taught and rarely practiced.

I can't remeber who sold them, but they were locks set inside clear plexiglass, so you can see your rake while trying to lift the tumblers. Pretty neat tool

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You can make many picks, rakes etc out of the metal inserts of wiper blades.

Start out on old door locks. You will be replacing yours once you find out how easy it is.

Lock picking is not hard to learn. The issue is it is a perishable skill. You have to stay in practice or it goes away. You can make most of what you need, and there is a ton of info on youtube.

You guys got any favorite links?
    I just went and raided the trash of recently changed wipers.:):

What do you think of this titanium wallet set?
    ITSTitaniumEntryCardMain.jpg

http://www.itstactical.com/store/its-titanium-entry-card/

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I just used a round chain saw file to make some simple hooks, Bent a small piece for a tension wrench. If you are raking some of the metal inserts may be too small you need the largest ones for rakes.

Top Bottom