Lock those wrists... Especially if you own a Glock!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Back when I owned a couple of Glocks, I had always heard that limp-wristing could be a problem. I never realized how bad it could be, since I am pretty strong and learned good shooting techniques early in my life.

These videos show just how susceptible the Glock platform is to the poor shooting style called limp-wristing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh9JhCyFFxA]YouTube - Limp Wrist Test[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsewsolPyBU&NR=1]YouTube - Another Limp Wrist Test[/ame]

This is not a dig at Glock, as much as it is just good information for people to understand how their shooting technique affects the firearm... It is just more pronounced in some firearms.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    As an owner of several Glocks who has never experienced ANY problem of this type, I've gotta think that this is far from a pronounced issue with these guns. I would think ANY semi-auto would be more prone to a FTE using that type of shooting form.

Besides that, anyone who would shoot with that kind of technique needs to put the gun away and find a different hobby before they have an accident.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    It can and will happen even with a proper grip. I have no problem with my G23, but my wife cannot shoot it without a FTE every time. Using the same grip she can shoot the 9mm with no problem, but the 40 cal is just too much for her wrists to handle.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Cam
    I would think ANY semi-auto would be more prone to a FTE using that type of shooting form.

Although it is true that ANY semi-auto would be prone to limp-wristing FTE's, these videos demonstrate that some platforms are MORE pron than others.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    Although it is true that ANY semi-auto would be prone to limp-wristing FTE's, these videos demonstrate that some platforms are MORE pron than others.

Too many variables in those videos to make that statement. Was his grip just a little tighter on one style vs. another? Same ammo? etc, etc, etc.

However, I think the message is a good one you are trying to convey so don't think I'm just defending Glocks!

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Limp wristing will result in multiple malfunctions out of a Glock period. Same goes for many other pistols.

By limp wristing the user is in essence absorbing or leaching the pistols recoil energy that it needs to cycle the action properly thus resulting in the problems seen in the video.

excursion12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Man I thought he was going to shoot himself. I tried to limp wrist my G26 before and couldn't get it to fail. Never tried his two finger method, still not going to:D

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    My 12 year old daughter put 50 rounds through my G27...

if you have a problem with limp-wristing and she didn't, then you've got bigger issues than the Glock...

and again, as with the last time this silly video was posted... what condition will this come up in? Are you going to fire a weapon without a proper sight picture with two fingers?

In all the USSPA and Steel matches I've shot in, with THOUSANDS of rounds fired through HUNDREDS of Glocks... haven't seen this come up yet.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    My 12 year old daughter put 50 rounds through my G27...

if you have a problem with limp-wristing and she didn't, then you've got bigger issues than the Glock...

and again, as with the last time this silly video was posted... what condition will this come up in? Are you going to fire a weapon without a proper sight picture with two fingers?

In all the USSPA and Steel matches I've shot in, with THOUSANDS of rounds fired through HUNDREDS of Glocks... haven't seen this come up yet.

Glad your 12 y/o handles the gun well. Ridiculing the people who DO have problems with the design does not change the fact that some do, nor is it constructive. It's just more glossing over of known issues with the design. "Glock Perfection," really is just a marketing phrase, and ignoring known issues of any tool merely reduces the ability to be prepared for them.

As was stated last time Glockophiles tried glossing over the issue with the "when is it going to matter" line, it could matter when injured, when sweaty, bloody, muddy, when you rushed to get your gun out in the heat of the moment and didn't get a proper grip, and don't have time to readjust. If a Glock user doesn't prepare for such contingencies, they will not be prepared for one of the few situation in which their "perfect" gun is known to fail.

nalees

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    West Lafayette, IN
    last time i was out with the glock both my wife and i had troubles with limp wristing... was quite annoying as we had no problems with my 92fs or any of the other guns shot that day (xd .45, snub .357)

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    no, this is just another **** on Glock thread... saw it coming a mile away and knew who was sitting around waiting to post.

They always seem to come out when we have a few threads with new glock owners posting or people asking about Glocks.

:horse:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    no, this is just another **** on Glock thread... saw it coming a mile away and knew who was sitting around waiting to post.

They always seem to come out when we have a few threads with new glock owners posting or people asking about Glocks.

:horse:

No, it's not just another rag on Glock thread. You should apply for a job with their marketing department. It's a thread about a known issue, and how people should be prepared for the possibility. Just because it's a Glock doesn't mean you don't have to practice failure drills, though I know Glock owners who don't, and with this design this is one failure mode you need to be aware of.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    and Joe, since you seem so personally involved in this would you please point out where I ridiculed anyone? Maybe someone needs some strength training, or grip training?

Or what make a "Glockophile"

or where I mentioned Glock Perfection?

or the design?

or marketing phrases?

Maybe you and I can set up a "limp-wrist" shooting challenge, using only thumb and a finger, shooting steel and cardboard and various distances to prove this

sweaty, bloody, muddy, when you rushed to get your gun out in the heat of the moment and didn't get a proper grip, and don't have time to readjust

theory you seem to pull out whenever this happens?

You win, you get my Glock to sell, I win, I get yours to sell... whatcha say?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    No, it's not just another rag on Glock thread. You should apply for a job with their marketing department. It's a thread about a known issue, and how people should be prepared for the possibility. Just because it's a Glock doesn't mean you don't have to practice failure drills, though I know Glock owners who don't, and with this design this is one failure mode you need to be aware of.

that's funny since I just said not 30 minutes ago that I WOULD NOT shot reload through a Glock without swapping for another barrel with a supported chamber, even when other people said they would....

and how does one "prepare" to shoot with thumb and finger?

Top Bottom