• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Just got my permit and started to CC, but some places I 'd rather leave the piece in the truck, like work. But I definately want a good lock box. I figure I can mount it under my rear bench seats, there is no room to take a swing with a hammer nor space to get a prybar on it. To my understanding, the gun has to be empty and the clip placed somewhere else in the truck?

Anybody here got a box like this or any idea where I can get one?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Just got my permit and started to CC, but some places I 'd rather leave the piece in the truck, like work. But I definately want a good lock box. I figure I can mount it under my rear bench seats, there is no room to take a swing with a hammer nor space to get a prybar on it. To my understanding, the gun has to be empty and the clip placed somewhere else in the truck?

Anybody here got a box like this or any idea where I can get one?

Shop Car Console Vaults

In Car Gun Safe

Also, I don't know what you're talking about regarding unloading the gun and separating the "clip". There's no such law on the books.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Must have mis-read it...

Those Center of Mass boxes look awesome. It says it has pre-drilled holes, I'd rather have it bolted to the floor, rather than a chinsy cable... Awesome, thanks guys!

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Those Center of Mass boxes look awesome.

They are awesome. I have the combination version and love it. I attached the cable to the floor, and then slip the case into a hidden area. I only wish it was a little bigger so I could get another pistol in there.

there is no room to take a swing with a hammer nor space to get a prybar on it

I don't worry about using the cable because the box, even though it is well made, really isn't going to keep out a determined thief no matter how or where you attach it. If you can get at it to open and remove your gun then so can they. I figured my best chance was the best concealed and secure spot my vehicle could offer. I looked for a place that a thief wouldn't find it easily without having to tear the interior apart unless they already knew where it was.

Last edited:

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    Secure-It pistol safe:
    Secure-It Large Pistol Security Box 9-1/2" x 6-1/2" x 1-3/4" Steel Black - MidwayUSA
    Cheaper on MidwayUSA.com

Don't use the cable. It would only take a second to cut it with bolt/wire cutters.

I have one of these that I mounted to the bottom of the center console in my truck.
    If you're really ambitious, you can drill through the floorboards in an appropriate location and bolt it that way.
    It's not going to prevent a serious effort to pry it open, but it's much, much better than just hiding it somewhere.

If you are creative about where you mount it, it will be a serious problem to get any kind of prying tool under it.

You can also try one of these:
    Ford F150 Console Vault Selection

I decided to not use those for two reasons:
    -much more expensive option
    -still vulnerable to someone destroying the whole center console (does not bolt to frame)

Hope that helps.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I personally dont see the concern with using the cable to secure the lock box. If someone is breaking into the care they are doing it to either steal things of value or steal the car. If they are going in for easily accessible items (GPS, stereo...whatever) why would they have a bolt cutter on them? Just doesn't seem like a piece of equipment a thief going through a car would have with them.
    If they steal the car...no lockbox is gonna matter. JMO

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    Can the life jacket system be permanetly mounted to something with the ability to open and close it while its mounted?

BrownDog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Titan Gun Vault

Portable Gun Safe, Handgun Safes, Pistol Boxes, Handgun Boxes, Pistol Safes

This one interested me because:
    • It uses a simplex lock to open, so no keys to lose or dig out of your pocket.
    • When the door opens it presents the "grip" so you don't have to reach in.
    • Can be mounted in different positions
    • Easily removed from mount and be carried like a case.
    • Has the capability to have a seperate "attached " case for a loaded mag.
    Only down side I see is the PRICE.

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    why would they have a bolt cutter on them? Just doesn't seem like a piece of equipment a thief going through a car would have with them.

You can cut through those wimpy cables with a sharp knife if you're motivated.

Also, mini-bolt cutters or lineman's pliers are not out-of-the-question as tools for a car thief. Cheap and easy to find.

Bolt it to the floor.

Top Bottom