• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm sorry I don't understand . . . does this mean that the Unions won't be supporting these candidates in the next election? Does this mean that the citizens won't re-elect them next time around?

No, couldn't mean any of that!!!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Sorry but niether the unions nor the citizens of East Chicago are the ones that choose who is the next mayor of East Chicago. either right now due to this conviction or when there is an "election". It is the Dem's Political Machine which is 100% corrupt that does this.

Now they will do it under the disgise of choosing someone for the next 15 months of Pabey's term. Next it will be under the disgise of "electing" someone.

What I find so funny is this mayor ran under the "we need to get rid of the corrupt previous mayor who had been in office for 35+ years". He won after showing that the prior mayor cheated. & now he gets busted for the same thing that he was running against "corruption". :faint:

What I find most messed up is that the prior mayor while corrupt at least made the city run and kept stuff in check. When that king was dethrone everything went to
    smiley-talk034.gif

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    You mean, like....
    Warsaw, IN isn't in Poland and Moscow, IN isn't in Russia and Paris, IN isn't in France and Rome, IN isn't in Italy?
    We've even got Brazil and Peru. ;)

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    From what I've read/heard, Hammond Mayor McDermott gets to call a special meeting to decide who will be mayor of EC until elections next year. It's 50/50 which is worse, having another EC mayor chosen by it's citizens, or having another McDermott hack in a position of power. This ain't the first and won't be the last problem with LC politics. This is just one of the rare times a conviction goes through. After keeping up with the NWI Discussion board, I'm not liking any politicians in Lake County.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    From what I've read/heard, Hammond Mayor McDermott gets to call a special meeting to decide who will be mayor of EC until elections next year. It's 50/50 which is worse, having another EC mayor chosen by it's citizens, or having another McDermott hack in a position of power. This ain't the first and won't be the last problem with LC politics. This is just one of the rare times a conviction goes through. After keeping up with the NWI Discussion board, I'm not liking any politicians in Lake County.

Correct to a point.

McDermott (Hammond Mayor AND ALSO Lake County Democratic Chairperson) in his capacity as LCDC has to call a special meeting of the East Chicago precient committee persons. He will precide over that meeting and the precient committee people (elected officals) will determine who they want as "acting" mayor to finish the 15 months left of Paybe's term. McDermott gets to set up the rules on how that "determination" gets made. (ie. a voice nomiation, three people must second the nomination, who can qulaify, etc...) but McDermott ALONE will not be determining who is the acting mayor.

Now this off course is what the process is like on paper. I'm not sure if the meeting is closed to the public but this being NWI and expecially EC you can rest assure that whomever the "machine" wants to be acting mayor is going to "win" that meeting's results. So the people of EC won't really have a voice in th matter for now.

Not that it really matters in the end. Paybe for all intents and purposes was "the people's choice" and he did get rid of the old establishment. He was voted in by the majority of EC residents and well we now see how well that turned out. EC power corrupts plain and simple.

Top Bottom