• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Unionized grad students? I don't think they quite understand the concept of a labor union or a trade union as they neither labor, nor have a trade.

I thought their labor was to do stuff the actual professors don't want to do, which is pretty much everything.:rolleyes:

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Wow, talk about spoilt children. 30 grand in money, 40 grand in free tuition and free health care and they are upset? And they leave to get food? SMH. I thought we raised tougher snowflakes than this.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    To be really effective, I think a hunger strike has to involve making the people you are protesting against go hungry. If you tell me you are going on a hunger strike because you don't like something I'm (allegedly) doing to you or not doing for you, my reaction is going to be, "Yeah? Have fun with that." Now if you are somehow able to withhold food from me, then you might get my attention. :dunno:

It's not like a labor strike where not working means a hardship on your employer. Your self-imposed hardship has absolutely no bearing on me.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Graduate Student Union Local 33??

XqsQM1m_zpstzgffmko.gif

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    To be really effective, I think a hunger strike has to involve making the people you are protesting against go hungry. If you tell me you are going on a hunger strike because you don't like something I'm (allegedly) doing to you or not doing for you, my reaction is going to be, "Yeah? Have fun with that." Now if you are somehow able to withhold food from me, then you might get my attention. :dunno:

It's not like a labor strike where not working means a hardship on your employer. Your self-imposed hardship has absolutely no bearing on me.

Thats the fastest way to end up with a plastic spiel in your face in my house. You want to strike go for it. Stop my food flow and you're going down in the most painful way I can envision.

Top Bottom