• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Interesting point about weapons and yes a point of pride that Crane supplied many of the originals and the movie guns I understand also came from Greene Co. Indiana.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Where would the movie guns have come from?
    Movie producers/assistants etc. commonly contract out "fake"weapon suppliers for movies. I worked with a guy in Lincoln, IL at the Eaton Cutler Hammer Plant(Electrical Division). He was a machinist there and his night job was a class III manufacture/gunsmith. He built that huge gatling type machine gun for the terminator 2 movie. Arnold fired it at the police that were out in front of the asylum that Sarah Connor was in until he and her son broke her out. Remember, he had orders NOT to kill anyone but the other terminators. Somehow he managed to fire that machine gun with rotating barrels without "killing" anyone.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Read the book and the went to see the movie. Great movie. You just get up at the end and walk silently out. What a sacrifice these young men made.

I remember seeing Platoon with my dad, and it had the same effect. Is it that good?

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have to disagree. Although platoon didnt exactly have state of the art effects, it was a better war movie than lone survivor.

I recall many of the vets that were in at the time, I went in in 76, thought it was garbage. But then again, as is now, their opinion. Personally I think Lone Survivor is the best movie of it's kind.

Bob

Tired of Lies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    Nashville
    Has anyone seen Murph the Protector? The Bio of Michael Murphy. I bought it two weeks ago on the way home from Lone Survivor but haven't been able to bear watching it yet.

Tired of Lies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    Nashville
    If you make it through without any tears I'd be surprised. Very good documentary.

I started crying at the opening credits of Lone Survivor. Michael Murphy was my son in law's cousin. I never met the man but I can tell from the burning hole he left in his family he must have been a great guy. It was supposed to be my SIL, husband and I to go see Lone Survivor but my SIL decided he didn't want to go so it was just my husband and I. Probably a good thing..my daughter and SIL have five kids...number 4 is a a three year old boy and a dead ringer for the pics in the opening scenes. That was it for me. I cry every time I go into Walmart and see the promo pic as it reminds me of my SIL who I really love.

By the end of Lone Survivor in addition to me crying so was my husband and the middle age couple behind us. We picked a school night and luckily the theater was fairly empty. I keep trying to watch. It has at least made it to in front of the computer..maybe I'll watch it alone one night.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My SIL has the DVD and we watched it at home.
    Yes, it wells up some tears for the fallen.
    Yes, it reinstates the fortitude and courage of our men (and woman) who serve.

Warrior

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    The book was a great read. The movie gives a pretty good depiction of the battle scenes. A little Hollywood artistic license on the rescue side of the story. Still a very good portrayal of the events. I read the book just before the movie was released to appreciate both ways of telling the story.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom