• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bansheewarrior

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Winchester model 100 in 308 haven't tore into yet but looking up the magazine opening looks like there is a bracket on both sides of the bolt which I'm guessing connect it to gas system well one on the back side on the busted off. Still attached to the bolt broke off whatever it connects to can't see back in there till I get it apart. I know this is a 1961 rifle and had the recall done on the firing pin is this common to on this rifle I've had this one maybe five years now and I know over five hundred rounds since I got her and until now perfectly functioned. Anybody familiar with this model? Right now can't even get bolt open locked up tight with last case still in chamber where it didn't cycle after fired. I'm a newbie here on site can't post pics of it sorry

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Do a search for Nu-Line Guns.
    They have been working on old Winchesters for years and have parts. Whether they have the part you need is yet to be seen.
    I'm not familiar with the Model 100, but you may need to have the new part(s) fitted by someone that knows what they're doing.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    First thing I would do is call Winchester. Per information on another site, the recall is still in force. If you call them with the serial number of your gun and ask nicely they may repair it for "FREE", sure don't hurt to ask! This was the comment from the other site:

" As of last summer, Winchester still honored the M-100 firing pin recall. Can't testify if they still do but should. Contact them at 800-852-5734 or write them at:
    Winchester Firing Pin Recall Notice
    PO Box 10 Cottage Hills, IL 62018
    If you will send them the old firing pin along with the s/n they will send a new pin and a gift card for $30.00 to cover installation.
    Be sure the pin has not been changed to the new style before tearing into the action. The old style pin can be rotated in the bolt while the new style has a milled flat that prevents rotation. The back of the pin can be examined through the magazine well without disassembly."

Bansheewarrior

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Firing pin had already been done checked on that long time ago. The piece that broke on mine is a bracket on the back of the bolt. I called and talked with the gunsmith I use when I need help talked to him about it and I'm going to go down hopefully this coming week and tear it apart he said he has a place to get parts no matter what it is. Got to trust him never done wrong by me yet.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom