• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I'm confused... are you looking for long distance, or 200-300yds?

I'm kidding, but someone will be along shortly who isn't. I got to shoot over 300yds for the first time this past weekend and it was a blast! This was on private land though, I'm not sure on public long distance ranges.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Deer Creek is close to Gas City.. Its a private club.. 300 yds
    Bass in Bucks is outside of Walbash.. I believe you can pay by the day there.
    Out to 1000 if you qualify..
    Both of these clubs have websites.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Any range in central or east central Indiana that has a long distance rifle range set up? 200-300 yds?

Probably not close enough for you. However, the Winamac FWA has a very nice 200yd with bench rest , overhead cover, sidewalks down range, and backstops to attach targets to, on site restrooms. And oh yeah...its free.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

Can you expand on this?
    I've wondered a few times about heading up there but I've not heard of any qualification prerequisites.

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash

Yes..please explain. Thought Bass N Bucks only went to 700 yards???

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I just checked on there website and I did not see what I though I read before.
    I thought you needed to shoot with a RO there after 200 yds to prove you will hit the targets or the berms,, but I must be mistaken about what range has that.. Maybe I am thinking about the 1000 above Fort Wayne..
    Bass range is out to 750 yds

Frost49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Tim Buk 2
    Thanks all. I'll look into some of the places. It could be worth a couple hours drive. I am in the infant stages of planning a hunting trip with some friends out west and need to get some range time since I have never done anything that distance before.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.

Bass and Bucks is $10 per hour or $15 per day. They have rifle ranges at 25 yards, 50, 100, 200, 350, 550, and 750. They are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. A friend and I went about a week ago and it was incredibly windy, gusting up to 40 mph. We were getting pushed about 2 feet to the left of our point of aim at 550 yards shooting a .308 AR. If yout get on the owners good side, he may let you make an appointment to come out on a day they are normally closed and then move the 750 yard shooting bench back to make it a 1000 yard lane. So don't expect to just show up and be able to shoot 1000 yards.

You are allowed to drive down and check/setup your targets but if the ground is soggy you won't be able to drive down the 550 or 750 yard lanes.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    There is youngs long shot up in wolcotville but you have to be a member or go with a member. They go out to 1k yards and have a beautiful setup. There is also Hill Side down in roanoke that goes out to 1k but you have to be a member and qualify after 200 yds.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    50 yds. is long distance for me. At the range last weekend I thought I'd zero my rifle's irons and red dot at 50 yds but when I sat up the table and looked down the sights I couldn't find the target! :fogey:

Scope time!

dennymac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    La Grange, KY
    You asked about central Indiana, but maybe a little drive will be worth the time. We at the Southern Indiana Rifle & Pistol Club have berms at 200, 300, and 500 yards. We also hold open to the public long range practice days. The next one is Sunday May 3. $5 per shooter. Range open from 8:00 till 2:00. Pit service with instant feedback. Contact me for more information. Thanks to all, and have a great day. DennyMac

Top Bottom