• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VidGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Muncie
    In your opinion, what would constitute me proving you wrong?

If no cops stop you, if nobody reacts with shock or fear, or stares, or a second glance, then that'll do it.

Simple, right?

But how will I know what happened? Not that I have any reason to think you're a dishonest guy (because no one has ever made up anything on the interwebs, right?) but I believe in the Reagan mantra of "Trust, but verify."

I think I strained my sarcasmer...

sajnaj

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2010
    bfe rockville in
    last year a buddy wanted to go to the gun range and sight in his new mossberg 935 it was a nice day and i wanted to ride my motorcycle but i also wanted to bring my ar. So i attempted to put the lower in one saddlebag and the upper in another saddlebag, but they would not fit so after a period of time i became frustrated. i then decided to just put the ar on my back with my sling and sinch it down with my 3 point sling and hit the road. well on the way there i passed a couple cars one car began to slow down right after i passed them. but i do live in the country but my buddy got a laugh out of it when i arrived at the gun range

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    If no cops stop you, if nobody reacts with shock or fear, or stares, or a second glance, then that'll do it.

Simple, right?

But how will I know what happened? Not that I have any reason to think you're a dishonest guy (because no one has ever made up anything on the interwebs, right?) but I believe in the Reagan mantra of "Trust, but verify."

I think I strained my sarcasmer...

So he should record it, no? Not because he's looking for trouble, but because he wants to show that it isn't a big deal.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    There is one big flaw in this whole setup. As far as we know the local LEOs still peruse these threads as they have in the past. They will likely be warned not to pull over anyone with an AR or AK on a bike and just keep an eye on them.

VidGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Muncie
    There is one big flaw in this whole setup. As far as we know the local LEOs still peruse these threads as they have in the past. They will likely be warned not to pull over anyone with an AR or AK on a bike and just keep an eye on them.

Wouldn't that be Conspiracy to Commit Internet Fraud?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    OK. After several simultaneous thread arguments about the "normality" of long gun carry I have decided to put my money where my mouth is. Alan aka Bunnykid is a good friend who live a couple miles from my house and I'm working out logistics of carrying my rifle to his house and back.

So, if I do this can we quit srguing about it? It's even lamer than OC/CC and I know we're all tired of that...

AR or AK?

I plan to not carry my pistol or any form of ID and I do not plan on identifying myself if I am stopped by police.

I am making a thread because this is the first time I have ever carried a gun to prove a point. If that point is not valid then I won't do it but I just think it is worth it if I can prove that carrying a rifle in the middle of a busy town will garner no reaction. I already proved I can OC the the movie theatre in the wake of all the arrests lately.

My bet is that I am not even stopped. If I am, it will be a quick conversation and that is it.

As much attention as I attracted with a friend carrying a spinning wheel up Weinbach from an antique store that used to be (longer ago than I care to admit) beside the Subway at Weinbach and Lincoln to my dorm at UE, I would think that there is a strong likelihood of attention. It will be interesting to see whether it is positive or negative. Incidentally, what does Guy think of this?

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Where exactly will you be walking? As in what side of town? East, North? I would love to see this, and I hope I do. When do you plan on attempting this?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    As much attention as I attracted with a friend carrying a spinning wheel up Weinbach from an antique store that used to be (longer ago than I care to admit) beside the Subway at Weinbach and Lincoln to my dorm at UE, I would think that there is a strong likelihood of attention. It will be interesting to see whether it is positive or negative.

Well, you have to consider the type of people around there :D. I imagine a spinning wheel is MUCH more interesting than a guy on a bike with a gun.

Last edited:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Well, you have to consider the type of people around there :D. I imagine a spinning wheel is MUCH more interesting than a guy on a bike with a gun.

:dunno:

He's a busy guy... I doubt he'll find out unless something goes wrong :laugh:

I have him on speed dial, so his phone will be ringing if something goes wrong, you know like if T_frosts neck has a boot on it or something :D

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I have him on speed dial, so his phone will be ringing if something goes wrong, you know like if T_frosts neck has a boot on it or something :D

Hypothetical jbt may just say TF asked for a piece of gum so he offered the one stuck to the bottom of his boot.

Top Bottom