• ...and so much more!
  • USPSA_10mm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Plainfield IN
    Evening all,
    I haven't had a chance to look around, but are there any 30-1000yd rifle matches or ranges? I've mostly been using the Martinsville CC 200yd range, but I'd like to try my hand (or is it more eye?) with wind, mirage, etc. Unknown distances would be fun too. I used to do half decent at NRA High Power, but it's been 10yrs... Something close the the west side of Indy? I looked at Youngs Long shot, but it's quite a drive.
    Thanks!

USPSA_10mm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Plainfield IN
    litlratt,
    Thanks! Too bad I didn't look earlier. Maybe I can get in the Oct. 500yd match and see how well I do before I try the 1000yd. I'd like to practice unknown distances too. There's a possibility that I could go to Africa next year. Most shots will probably be under 500, but its a good excuse to practice.
    Thanks again,

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i believe they have some tactical matches at unknown distance at the range in roanoke (spelling?) you might find some info on it on snipercompany.com. the admin shawn is from that area somwhere

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Slightly off topic, but I have always believed that a bunch of guys with riifles should be able to commandeer a "golf course" and turn it into a variable distance rifle range.

Wouldn't it be fun to make a 343 yard rifle shot, then a 248 yard rifle shot, and so on...

I know I'm dreaming, but???

Last edited:

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Youngs looks real nice, but I agree it is a long way off. Another option closer than that is Bass & Bucks. Goes out to 740. Its up in Wabash. I'll likely be up there for the day on Friday.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Youngs looks real nice, but I agree it is a long way off. Another option closer than that is Bass & Bucks. Goes out to 740. Its up in Wabash. I'll likely be up there for the day on Friday.

I've heard there is a range in Brazil that has long distances (500 yards?) Anyone know of this place?

selynn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I have been to the range in Wabash but where is the Youngs, Long Shot located or web site?
    THANKS

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have been to the range in Wabash but where is the Youngs, Long Shot located or web site?
    THANKS

Young's Longshot Website: Youngs Long Shot Range

It is northwest of Kendalville and northeast of Wolcottville at a crossroads called Woodruff. Folks drive from Chicago, Detroit and Evansville to come up and shoot at one of the finest 1,000 yard ranges in the Midwest. You can sit inside a heated building and shoot all winter long. Steel plates at all yardages out to 1,000 yards. Outside shooting benches, inside benches and a raised prone platform. Pistol ranges and spinners for the .22s.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Slightly off topic, but I have always believed that a bunch of guys with riifles should be able to commandeer a "golf course" and turn it into a variable distance rifle range.

Wouldn't it be fun to make a 343 yard rifle shot, then a 248 yard rifle shot, and so on...

but you could take your AR golfing.

picture.php

L&G Golf Ball Firing Attachment for AR-15 and Ruger Mini-14

USPSA_10mm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Plainfield IN

Exactly!! I can throw a rock and hit two golf courses, but try and find a rifle range... I'm sure our forefathers would be proud.

Top Bottom