• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    i was told by a guy at a local dealer there is a 1000 meter range in somewhere named wolcott but cant find anything on that either

You're probably thinking about Young's Longshot Range just outside of Wolcottville. Youngs Long Shot Range

It's a private range with pistol targets, rimfire plates and steel plates out to 1,000 yards. They have indoor shooting stations with drop down windows. You can sit in a heated building and shoot out to 1,000 yards all winter long. They have about 20 covered outdoor stations and an elevated prone platform as well. They supply spotting scopes, shooting rests, sand bags, staples, cleaning equipment and a John Deere gator to run out and paint the targets. They even provide the paint.

Deb, the owners wife, makes home made cookies and keeps a fridge stocked with pop, water and snacks. The freezer is full of Hot Pockets and hamburger and porkburger patties. They provide a gas grille and a microwave.

Folks come from Indy, Chicago, Detroit, Evansville and Ohio. Some bring tents and camp out for the weekend. The range is in Amish country and has deer, wild turkeys and ground hogs all over the place. The guys from Trijicon in Wixom, MI do range testing there.

If you can't tell, I like the place. You can shoot as a guest of a member or become a member. It costs $300 the first year and then $200 a year after that. If you shoot very often at all, it is the best deal you can find.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    You're probably thinking about Young's Longshot Range just outside of Wolcottville. Youngs Long Shot Range

It's a private range with pistol targets, rimfire plates and steel plates out to 1,000 yards. They have indoor shooting stations with drop down windows. You can sit in a heated building and shoot out to 1,000 yards all winter long. They have about 20 covered outdoor stations and an elevated prone platform as well. They supply spotting scopes, shooting rests, sand bags, staples, cleaning equipment and a John Deere gator to run out and paint the targets. They even provide the paint.

Deb, the owners wife, makes home made cookies and keeps a fridge stocked with pop, water and snacks. The freezer is full of Hot Pockets and hamburger and porkburger patties. They provide a gas grille and a microwave.

Folks come from Indy, Chicago, Detroit, Evansville and Ohio. Some bring tents and camp out for the weekend. The range is in Amish country and has deer, wild turkeys and ground hogs all over the place. The guys from Trijicon in Wixom, MI do range testing there.

If you can't tell, I like the place. You can shoot as a guest of a member or become a member. It costs $300 the first year and then $200 a year after that. If you shoot very often at all, it is the best deal you can find.

You had me at porkburgers. :cowbell:

I need to check this place out. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    You had me at porkburgers.

I need to check this place out. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

You really owe it to yourself to check out Young's. I've told my wife many times that if Heaven doesn't have a range like theirs then........ Well you get the idea. It's the best range I've ever shot on in my life.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You really owe it to yourself to check out Young's. I've told my wife many times that if Heaven doesn't have a range like theirs then........ Well you get the idea. It's the best range I've ever shot on in my life.

I took my wife up a couple Sundays ago just to show her the range and get a couple of Deb's Monster cookies. I told my wife that if anything ever happens to her, I'm selling everything, buying a huge RV and parking it up at Young's. Adams Lake is only about a mile south of there. I might keep a boat there and fish when I'm not shooting.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I took my wife up a couple Sundays ago just to show her the range and get a couple of Deb's Monster cookies. I told my wife that if anything ever happens to her, I'm selling everything, buying a huge RV and parking it up at Young's. Adams Lake is only about a mile south of there. I might keep a boat there and fish when I'm not shooting.

That sounds like a plan! Go fishing while the barrels cool down and the brass gets polished. :)

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Where is it? and do they have a web-site, already have rv, thanks:ingo:

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    I think I found a new shooting hole, this place sounds GREAT!!!!!
    is there a R.V. park nearby by any chance?:):

Top Bottom